Who to believe?

Viper's P.O.V.

Raphael's head snaps violently back as I kick him unconscious.

"Now what?" I asked Karai but then suddenly a wave of pain came across my stomach.

I groan in pain and grab my stab wound on my stomach. When I was struggling to fight Splinter to submission, he managed to stab me with a throwing knife he was hiding in his sleeve.

"What's wrong?" Karai asked,

I put pressure on my bleeding wound and looked at Karai. "Nothing, let's bring these freaks back to Shredder." I walked back to Shredder's headquarters with agony.

-------

I was in my own room, that Shredder had let me borrow for the night, until I leave early tomorrow morning.

Currently I was stitching up my stabbed stomach close and every time I pushed the needle through my skin, I would groan in pain.

I had a rag in my mouth to at least have something to bite down on. I groaned very loudly as I put the last stitch through my skin and tied the string.

I was sitting down and leaning back against the wall to stitch my stomach.

Suddenly, a knock interrupts me from bandaging up my wound.

I take the rag out my mouth and said "Who is it?"

"It's Karai, I'm coming in?"

"Now's not a good time." but she completely ignored me.

Karai walked in and raised her eyebrows in shock as she stared at my now stitched up stomach.

"So is this why you were in pain?" Karai made her way towards my bed.

"Yes, now leave." I ordered, I reach for the bottle of rubbing alcohol but before I could grab it, Karai beat me to it.

She held the bottle in her hand "You want this?" she teased.

I scoffed and went to grab a disinfecting wipe. However, Karai had already grabbed the packages as well. "What do you want?" I said getting agitated.

Karai just smiled and finally handed me the disinfecting tools "I was just teasing." Karai sighed then sat next to me and took over for me. "So do you plan on staying in New York?" She asked unscrewing the rubbing alcohol bottle.

"No, I planned to go back to my home country, in China." I said in a nicer voice.

"Really? Given by your knives and weapons I figured you were Japanese." Karai said pouring some alcohol on my wound.

I grunted slightly before answering "No, I was in a family clan -name is classified- anyway that's why I have a huge snake tattoo...because our symbol is the Ball Python." I explained. "Fast as lightning, strikes with no warning, leaves nothing but questions behind. That's our motto." I said.

"So why is the snake tattoo you have a Viper then?"

"Because we are all assigned a type of snake by our fighting style, and mine is the Viper. The snake makes deadly strikes, is always aware of their surroundings, is fast when making their strikes, and quiet when making kills."

Karai stays silent as she stares at my stomach.

"What are you looking at?" I asked

"I'm looking at your tattoo, why is it that part of your snake doesn't have scales but some of it does."

I feel her graze her fingers on my snake skin texture.

"Why is your skin feel like snake skin?"