[P] Counting Eyes

Is it an exciting life?

To wake up in the morning, and make sure you count only two spoonfuls of sugar for the coffee?To make sure your socks match when you dress, pretending that you haven't long ago stopped caring?

Is it an exciting life?

To brush your teeth and comb your hair and make sure you only have two eyes? To have to worry about how many arms you have to wear - you're sure it's two, but it feels like a false memory- and how many legs and how many ears? It is two, right?

Is it an exciting life?

To have to count the steps, and make sure it seems natural to step left, step right, swing right, swing left? To have to remind yourself that being bipedal is an energy inefficient form to take, that you have to move your arms in opposing fashions in order to maintain angular momentum? And which way do you swing your third arm when you step left? Oh, wait, I got that wrong, didn't I?

Is it an exciting life?

To have to constrain yourself to only two eyes, even though five might be so much better? Wouldn't you want see so much more? Wouldn't you want to see all around you all at once, and wouldn't you want to see all the colours instead of so few?

Is it an exciting life?

Is it an exciting life to have to keep on counting eyes, to hold yourself back when you could see so much more? To keep yourself hidden when you can be so much more? Why do you count your eyes? Is it an exciting life, to pretend you're something you are not? Do you feel like an impostor? Do you feel like you're pretending to be one of us? What makes you one of us? Two eyes? Two limbs to the torso? Is it an exciting life?

Is it an exciting life?