Chapter 5

Hadley and Ben were on their date at the Enchanted Lake where they went for their first date.

Hadley said, Would you like a hot hors d'oeuvre? Ben said, Yes, please. Mmm! This is the best thing I've ever had. Hadley asked, So, you like it? Ben said, I more than like it. I, uh... mmm-- so like it. Hadley asked, Beef ragout?

Ben said, Yeah. This is amazing. Hadley said, Did I surprise you? Ben said, Oh, yeah, you surprised me. This is every single dish Mrs. Potts made for my parents. What did it take you? Three days? Hadley said, You know, don't even ask me.

Ben said, Yeah. Well, it means a lot that you stopped and did all this for me. Especially with all the craziness you've been put through. I've missed you. We don't get much time to be just us anymore. Hadley said, I know. Soon Hadley wiped off a crumb on his mouth like he did to her before.

You can't take me anywhere, right? Ben said and she smiled as she laughed. Ben asked, Do you have a-- Do you have a napkin or something? Hadley said, I do! I packed some. Ben said and looked in the picnic basket saying, Oh, there is-- I think I stowed them away. I can grab them. Hadley said and Ben asked, What's this?

It was her spell book...

I actually threw that in there super last-minute in case it rained or-- he looked at it and started to see the bookmarks. "Speed reading" spell. "Brunette hair" spell. "Cooking" spell... And I was giving you props for fitting in so well, for doing your best. She took it from him and said something fast, Take back this moment that has passed. Return it-- Reverse it--

Ben yelled, Are you trying to spell me right now?!
Hadley said, Ben, it has been so hard for me! Ben said, Yes! Some things are hard! Do you think learning to be king has been easy for me? Hadley said, No!

Ben said, I thought we were doing this together! Hadley said, Ben, we are in this together. But we're not, Hads. We're not. Y-You've been keeping secrets and lying to me. I thought we were done with that. This isn't the Isle of the Lost, Hadley. Ben said.

Yeah. Believe me, I know that! Hadley said upset and Ben said, Then why are you doing this? Hadley said, Because... I'm not one of those pretty pink princesses, Ben. I'm not one of those ladies from the Court. I'm a big fake, okay? I'm fake. This is fake. This is fake. She said a spell, Take this feast, this sumptuous meal, return it back to what is real. It was a PB&J sandwich. This is who I really am.

Hadie. He said and Hadley started to leave as she said, No. No. Ben said, Peanut butter and jelly is my favorite!

Hadley was in Hadley, Mal and Evie's dorm, wel Mal and Evie's now. She said crying and now in her former outfit from the Isle.

 She said crying and now in her former outfit from the Isle

I don't belong here. Okay. Okay. Okay. She grabbed her things and wrote a note and was ready to see her dad. Let's blow this popsicle stand.

She was in room walking to the door.

Written in stone
Every rule, every word
Centuries old and unbending
Stay in your place
Better seen and not heard
But now that story is ending

She went out and left leaving her key. She walked down the hallway still singing,

'Cause I
I cannot start to crumble
So come on and try
Try to shut me and cut me down

She saw a picture of her and Ben and soon turned away singing,

I won't be silenced!
You can't keep me quiet
Won't tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless!

She walked out of Auradon Prep Dorms and sang,
Let the storm in
I cannot be broken
No, I won't live unspoken
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless

Try to lock me in this cage
I won't just lay me down and die
I will take these broken wings
And watch me burn across the sky
And it echoes saying-

She was walking to her Vespa singing,

I won't be silenced
No you will not see me tremble when you try it
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless
'Cause I'll breathe
When they try to suffocate me
Don't you underestimate me

She got to the bridge and sang,
'Cause I know that I won't go speechless
All I know is I won't go speechless
Speechless!

She soon grabbed her spellbook and said, Noble steed, proud and fair, you shall take me anywhere! She soon said. Okay. Whew. Please work. She was now driving over the water back to the Isle. She passed the barrier saying, Oh!

She drove through people and saw a poster of her and Ben. An x was above her face and she grabbed it ripping it apart and driver to her hangout her and her friends used to go. They only way to enter was a flying rock and she hit it and the door opened for her and she soon went walking up the stairs.