Chapter 10

Hi. Dude said. Oh, I'm sorry I'm so late, Dude. Carlos said. Ben got captured. Soon Jay said to Carlos, Why is our door open? You've got to be kidding me. Inside was Chad. I knocked. He said.

Go on, Dude and What is that? Parker said. Oh. That's a little Chad action figure. Zoom! Well, minus the head. Carlos then said. Sounds like an improvement. Excuse me. All right. Here we go. Why are you guys making Fairy Godmother's wand? Chad said.

Oh. Uh, why are we making Fairy Godmother's wand? Carlos said. Because, uh... Ben's been captured! What?! Dude can talk? Said Chad. I was stalling. Dude said. I thought you forgot. Carlos said. Don't tell anyone! Ben's life depends on it. Parker said. Really?

So, if something were to happen, you know what I'm saying... Something bad, we get it. God forbid. But if something were to happen, who do you think would be in line to be as king advisor? Is it me, or is that in really poor taste? They all stared at him. I'm taking this. And if you think I-- Chad said and then Jay slammed the door in his face. Thank you, Jay. Carlos said.

All right, Got it? Mal said. Yeah, I got it. Hadley said and Evie said, Careful. I got it. Hadley said. Perfect. That makes five smoke bombs. Okay. I think that's enough, right? Yeah? Mal said. Hadley nodded and Evie said, Yeah and you guys, how amazing would this look with my shredded tee and my heart purse?

Very amazing. They said. Take it. Take a bunch! Dizzy said. Oh, Dizzy! Evie said. It would make me so happy to know that you were wearing something of mine in Auradon. Almost like me being there myself. Said Dizzy and Evie pulled her in a hug.

I really wish We could take you with us. Evie said, said. At least two of us had their dreams come true, right? Dizzy said and Evie said, Yeah. E, we got to go. Mal said. Okay. Evie said soon leaving and they looked at her. She's gonna be okay. Hadley said. Yeah. Evie said. But she could be so much more. I said. Let's go. Mal said.

They started talking as they walked back. That went on for actual days. Said Hadley. Like it mattered, right? Mal said. They were both undone by True Love's Kiss. Works every time. I really thought that's what you and Ben had. Do you want to talk about it? Said Evie.

Nah. I'm not coming back, you guys. I can't. I really tried to tell you. I mean, I saw the way your face lit up when we walked through those dorm rooms for the first time and later on Mal, you liked it, And I couldn't spoil that for you two. If you're staying, I'm staying, too. Evie said and Mal said, I am too.

Hadley said, No. Evie, Mal, you are Auradon girls. And I am... and will always be... Evie said Hadley finished for her, the girl from the Isle.

Evie sang,
I didn't know what you were goin' through
I thought that you were fine
Why did you have to hide

Hadley sang,
I didn't want to let you down
But the truth is out
It's tearin' me apart, not listenin' to my heart

H: I really had to go
E: And I would never stop you
H: Even though we've changed
M: Nothing has to change

Mal, Evie and Hadley sang,

And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach

'Cause you're a part of me
So you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between

Hadley sang,
Nothing can stay the same
It's growing pains

Mal sang,
Be proud of all the scars
They make you who you are

M: I know you have to stay
H: But I'll never really leave you
E: Nothing has to change
H: Even though we've changed

The three sang,
You can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach

'Cause you're a part of me
So you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between

H: There are no words left to say
E: I know you gotta find your place
H: But this is not the end
M: No
H: You're part of who I am

The three sang,
Even if we're worlds apart
You're still in my heart
It will always be you and me, yeah!

E: You can find me in the space between
The Three: Where two worlds come to meet
M: I'll never be out of reach
H: I'll never be out of reach
E: No

The Three: 'Cause you're a part of me
So you can find me in the space between
M: You'll never be alone
H: No matter where you go
The Three: We can meet in the space between
E: Yeah
H: No matter where you go
E: No matter where you go
The Three: We can meet in the space between