Chapter 9

Hadley went to Ursula's restaurant to deal with Uma. Uma was serving some one a the woman said, Hey! I wanted the fried clams. And I wanted a sea pony. Life ain't fair! Uma yelled.

Hadley walked in saying, I'm back. Loser, party of one. Right this way, please. Uma said and Hadley sat down and said, Place still stinks. Oh, I'm sorry. We're down a butler today... Princess. Uma said. Where is he? Hadley said seriously.

You know, I've dreamed of this. You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm
like a worm on a hook. Hadley said, I'm so flattered
that you dream of me. I haven't given you a thought since I left. Hadley said smirking.

Obviously. You have your perfect, little life, don't you? Doesn't she have the perfect, little life? Everyone said yeah. And we're 20 years into a garbage strike. Uma said and the Hadley said, Listen, if you have some kind of score to settle with me, game on. I see no need to bring Ben into this.
It may be a little unnecessary, but, oh, it is so much fun. Here's the deal. She said.

Hadley said, Just like your mother-- always a catch. She sat dow and wanted to arm wrestle and Uma said, If you win... Ben is free to go. Hadley grabbed her hand ready to go and Uma said, Don't you want to know what I get if I win? Hadley said, Still dreaming.

On three.
One.
Two.
Three.
Three.

You know, that whole princess act? Ugh. Never bought it for a second, You can stick a tiara on a villain, but you're still a villain. Uma said and Hadley said, And you can slap a pirate hat on, but you're still Shrimpy. Moving her hand down and Hadley's eyes were blue and then red.

If I win... you bring me the wand. It caused her to stop and Hadley lost. Uma and people cheered and Uma said, Now... if you want beasty boy back, bring me Fairy Godmother's magic wand to my ship tomorrow at 12:00 noon... sharp. Oh, and if you blab... you can kiss your baby goodbye. Hadley's eyes were red.

There's no way we're gonna give Uma the wand. We can't just let her destroy Auradon. Evie said. Uma doesn't get the wand, then Ben is toast, guys. Right, so, we're gonna give Uma, of all people, the wand. Do we have another choice? They said beginning to argue but Hadley said, Wait! You guys! Your 3D printer.

A phony wand? Jay said and Hadley said, Yes! Carlos said, In my sleep. Mal said, And the second Uma tests it, she'll know it's fake. Well, okay, so then we just get Ben out really fast. Parker said and Hadley said, We need some kind of diversion. Jay said, Smoke bombs! Hadley said, That's perfect.

I'll get the chemicals I need from Lady Tremaine's place. Evie said and Hadley said, That could work. Mal said, Oh, and sick hair, by the way. Evil Stepmom seriously stepped up her game. Okay, do you want to know something? Dizzy did this. Hadley said.

Little Dizzy? Shut up! Evie said and Hadley said, I know. I'm, like, loving it. Mal said, It's, like, a lot lighter at the ends. Evie said, Really proud of her. Hello? Hadley said, Right. Parker, Carlos, Jay, you guys meet us at Pirates Bay no later than noon. And, you guys, losing-- not an option. 'Cause we're rotten...

To the core.

Let's do this.

Evie decided to surprise Dizzy. Shh. She said. She tapped her shoulder. Evie? Mal? Evie! You came back! Dizzy said hugging her. Mal and Hadley said, Hey. So great to see you, too. Said Mal. Is it all just like we imagined? Do they really have closets you can walk into? Have you been to a real swimming pool? What does ice cream taste like? Said Dizzy.

It's cold and it's sweet, and if you eat it too fast, it gives you a headache. Evie said. Really? Said Dizzy. Yeah. Evie said. I saved your sketch book. You did? Evie said. Dizzy! Oh, my gosh. Wow. I made this dress out of an old curtain and safety pins. Said Evie.

It reminds me of the dress you made for Mal and Gabby when they met Jasmine. I spilled curry all over that. Said Mal. You did. Hadley said. Yeah, I saw that. Dizzy said meaning TV. You're totally right, Dizzy. This was-- this was totally the inspiration for that. I said. I knew it! You can take the girl out of the Isle, but you can't take the Isle out of the girl. Said Dizzy.

Is this... too much, or is this fabulous? Evie said matching something. Hand me the glue gun! She said and soon they started the smoke bombs.