Chapter 13

You okay? Jay asked Lonnie. Yeah, I'm good. Lonnie said and Jay said, Nice work out there, Lonnie. Come on, Dude, hop in. Oh, now you listen to me. Carlos said. Let's go. Come on, Evie, get in. Let's go.

Hadley! Ben yelled and she walked to them as Uma yelled, No! Move! Get out of my way! Lonnie said, Come on, come on, come on. Swords. They got in and Hadley layed back.

Ben looked at her and said, I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to. I mean, as long as you're safe, that's... Hadley said and Ben said, Well, I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that. Ben, Uma captured you. Hadley said.

She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Hadley. Ben said and Hadley looked away with her eyes blue. Awkward. Dude said and Carlos said, Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always
mean you should. Hadley realized she didn't get to see her dad and Mal saw her tearing up.

Hadley? Are you okay? She asked. Hadley started to cry and Mal went over and comforted her telling her, you'll see him again. You will. Ben was confused at Hadley and looked at Evie and Carlos and they mouthed, Hades. She whispered, I never should of gone to Auradon. Evie came and said, don't say that. You'll be okay, you have us.

Soon Jay said, Here we go. He said to Lonnie, Why don't you stop by practice later. What, in the mood
to break some rules? Lonnie asked and Jay said, No.

They got back to Auradon and Lonnie said, I'll get these back to the gym. Thanks. Jay said and Lonnie said, See you later. Ben, there you are. Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Jane said. Look, this is the stained glass window for Hadley. Isn't it beautiful?
She's gonna love it.

Ben looked at Hadley who looked like she wasn't having the best day. Do you want to cancel? Ben whispered to her and Jane said, Um, you know what? I can come back. Uh, but, like, really, really soon. No, no, no. No, no, no. Now's fine. Ben said to Jane and to Hadley, Um... Do whatever you need to do.

Evie came over to Hadley with Mal and said, We need to talk. Yeah. Hadley said upset. No. Carlos said. Mal said, No? You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever,
and Jay and I are tired of it. Carlos said and Jay said, I'm not.

We're your family, too. We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now, okay. Everyone sit. Come on. He said and then to Dude, You too. He then said, I don't know how to start girl talk. What up? Evie and Mal laughed and Hadley said, Um, well... I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, scaring children and people but now everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court. And I have no idea how to keep up the act.

Then don't. Carlos said and Jay said, See? This was dumb. Evie said, Maybe it wasn't. We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots. And we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay. That's okay. Carlos said, And we can't fake it. Mal said, No.

Yeah. I mean, especially without my spell book. Hadley said. Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one. Carlos said and Mal said, I like that. Give him a chance. Carlos said making her look at him and Evie said, I'm gonna make some changes to your dress. And if you're up for it-- only if you're up for it-- it will be waiting for you, okay? Carlos said to Dude, Come on, buddy.

Hadley stayed there sitting as the others got up. Jay soon saw her and went back sitting and said, Come to Cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day,
I'll drive you back tomorrow myself. Okay? She nodded smiled a little and he left and she was still sad about her dad though.