Number 5

"Well, you were giving me lessons and then left, I've come to resume my lessons."

Aaliyah didn't know what to say. He's so thoughtful she thought. He actually took the time to track me down. So Aaliyah resumed teaching kids and Jameel. She felt she had her life back. She knew she would remember them forever, but she felt she was moving forward with her life. One day, she got summoned to her in-laws.

"What are you doing? Have you forgotten your a widow? Have you forgotten our son, your husband? Your child?"

"I haven't forgotten anything. I know I'm a widow, but do you want me to stop living? Can't I have a life, just because I'm a widow? I will never forget my husband and my child, but my job makes me feel alive again."

"Is that the only reason?"

"What?"

"Your student Jameel is handsome. Is your eye wandering?"

Aaliyah threw up. "Do you think so low of me?"

"Well, you quit tutoring last time we asked. Why not this time?"

"Last time, I had a husband and in laws to focus on. Now, I have nothing. This job keeps me focused and gives my life meaning. I've gotten my confidence back. And Jameel is my student, nothing more. I'm sure he feels the same."

Aaliyah ran home, crying. Was being a widow such an awful thing? Couldn't she have a life and a job without people thinking the worst? She took out their wedding pictures and smiled. She remembered how nervous she'd been, before saying those two words three times. I'll never forget you, she thought, but I've finally got my confidence back and am teaching again. I know you'd want the same for me she thought.

In the morning, Jameel appeared and asked her to go to the mall with him, because he needed to buy his sister a gift and he was useless at buying girls gifts. Aaliyah went, and found to her surprise, she enjoyed Jameels company. He made her laugh, which was something she thought she'd never do again. Over the next few days, she spent more time with Jameel. He made her try new things, was patient with her. Aaliyah didn't know when, but one day around Jameel, she felt butterflies in her stomach. Aaliyah was shocked. She thought she'd never have these feelings again. 

She ran home and quickly prayed. "Ya Allah, am I in love?."