Number 9

Aaliyah sat at home, waiting impatiently. Jameel had promised her a trip to the cinema. Aaliyah was all ready, but Jameel was nowhere to be seen. Aaliyah had an idea. She went to the store where he was the manager, and grabbed the tannoy and spoke into it

"Mr Jameel, this is your wife speaking. You promised me some of your precious time today. If your not here within 5 minutes, don't bother trying to speak to me."

The whole store counted down with Aaliyah. With seconds to go, Jameel appeared with a bunch of roses.

"Did you really think I'd make my wife a promise and not fulfill it?" he asked, kissing Aaliyah on the cheek.

The whole store cheered as they left. During the movie, Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's hand, and wouldn't let go. When they came home, Aaliyah was surprised to see someone outside. Jameel told her it was an old friend of his, so Aaliyah left them to it.

"Well Jameel, You've turned things around."

"What do you want?"

"Come now Jameel, is that any way to talk to an old friend?"

"Friend? We were never friends. You were just someone I knew."

"Well come on, he's calling you back."

"No."

"No? Why not? Because of her?

"Be careful how you talk about my wife."

"Wife? I see. Well the woman you married and saved from being a widow, you were responsible for making her a widow in the first place."

Aaliyah overheard this, as she was coming in with tea. No, her Jameel couldn't do this she thought. But why did the man say this if it's not true? No she yelled, as she fell. Jameel heard her scream and ran outside.

"Aaliyah, are you ok?"

Jameel took Aaliyah to the hospital. When Aaliyah was stable, Jameel went in to see her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Jameel, please tell me it's not true"

"What?"

"What he said. Are you responsible for making me a widow? For taking my baby away?" 

Jameel looked away.

"Oh my god. He was right. It was you."