Part 22

"Just leave me here to die."

Jeremy laid face down on his bed, voice muffled in the pillow. He knew he'd have a lot on his plate after missing a week's worth of classes, but this was too much. How could he possibly finish it all and keep his grades up? Impossible. He couldn't see it, but he was pretty certain the Squip was rolling its eyes at him, its hand resting on top of his head.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather major in theatre, Jeremy? You seem keen on the dramatics.

He groaned, loudly, lifting up the pillow's edges to cover his ears as if that would block out the Squip's voice.

Smothering yourself won't get anything done faster.

It ran its fingers through his hair soothingly and after a while Jeremy sat up, giving the Squip the most dejected look he could muster up. It paused, pulling its hand away.

Why are you looking at me like that? This isn't my fault.

-You're holding me accountable and forcing me to be responsible. It sucks.-

The Squip raised its eyebrows in mock surprise. They sat so high on its forehead it was almost funny.

You thought I wouldn't do that? Honestly, Jeremy.

-Can I just wallow in peace for a while?-

The Squip did not look pleased.

Fine. Just know the longer you procrastinate, the more work we have to cram into a short amount of time. I'm doing this for your benefit.

The Squip disappeared then and Jeremy dropped his face back into the pillow. Why did college have to be so hard? Why did he want to be here again? Maybe he should major in theatre. It was probably fun. Less grueling, dull classes. He seriously considered it for all of two minutes, until he remembered what had made it so fun was Christine, and... she wasn't here anymore.

He rolled over to face the ceiling, deciding maybe he should just take a nap, and tried to will himself asleep. After five unsuccessful minutes of counting the number of grooves in the ceiling, he gave up, far too stressed and agitated to sleep. What else could he do with himself before he had to face the inevitable mountain of assignments? He could grab something to eat, maybe. Treat himself to some delicious, artery-clogging fast food. But... he wasn't all that hungry, and the cafeteria was so far away. What to do, what to do...

Oh.

Michael was gone for a while. He might not even be back by the time Jeremy went to bed. He was, for the most part, alone in the privacy of his dorm, if he didn't count the Squip. Maybe he could just...

He peeled himself off the bed and moved over to his desk, flipping open the new, shiny laptop Alex had given him. He hadn't had an opportunity to really, well, test it out yet. It looked expensive. Fast. So long as the internet connection didn't go to shit he could be cumming in no time to one of his favorite pornos. Now that was ultimate stress relief.
Jeremy got the screen loaded up and ready to go, lube out of the drawer, pants down, headphones halfway on his head as he pressed play.

Something made him quickly look over his shoulder.

There he was, dick in hand, and the Squip was just sitting there a short distance away, staring, smirking. He tensed, confused and embarrassed. Masturbating knowing that the Squip was present was already awkward in general, but now it was watching him? He didn't know if this was better or worse than getting shocked.

Maybe it was both.

"Um. Can. Can I, uh. Help... you?" Jeremy shrank down in his chair when the Squip's smile just widened and he contemplated getting up and taking a cold shower instead, just so it'd stop looking at him like that. He almost got up, too, but the Squip moved first, stepping over to him in two long strides. It pressed its hands down against the arms of the chair and leaned in close to his ear.