Part 25

For all intents and purposes, Jeremy had a pretty active sex life now. Squip had been a little hesitant about it at first; excuses about not wanting to be a distraction, compromises about homework and projects... But it gave up a lot faster than Jeremy ever would have thought. It was a nightly ritual now, so long as there wasn't a risk of Michael noticing anything. He was getting the hang of the lucid dream thing, and Squip was perfectly willing to comply with (most) of his demands. He was pretty happy with Squip taking charge most of the time, though.

He'd been a little embarrassed about it at first. For most of his life, Jeremy had been a religious nighttime shower-taker, but he'd very quickly switched to cleaning up in the morning now that he was frequently waking up with stiff boxers. He also needed to do laundry more often, which was the most annoying part of it. Squip found the whole thing pretty amusing.

Perhaps you should invest stock in underwear? Just in case.

-Don't make fun of me. You don't have an actual body to deal with.-

But the shame wore off quickly. Michael hadn't noticed anything, or at the very least, he didn't say anything. Though Jeremy suspected he was clueless for the most part, considering he still hadn't told Michael anything. There was some guilt there about it, still, but the longer he put it off the less he worried about it. He was allowed to have privacy about this kind of thing, even if it did involve Squip, promises be damned.

Maybe that made him a terrible friend?

Jeremy had other things to worry about, like trying to pay attention in class when Squip was touching him. He shifted a little in his seat, biting the inside of his cheek, backpack sitting in his lap in a totally-not-obvious way,

-What happened to not wanting to be a distraction?-

Squip had its hand on a very precarious spot on his inner thigh.

I'll retain the information even if you don't.

-That's cheating.-

You have a supercomputer in your brain, Jeremy. A walking, talking tutor. You're always cheating.

He hunched over his notebook and started scribbling furiously as the professor drawled on and on, hoping the flush to his cheeks wasn't obvious to the people sitting near him. Why did Squip have to be such a tease? It brushed its hand up a little higher and Jeremy pressed the tip of his pencil down so hard against the paper he almost ripped it as he wrote.

Relax your hand, Jeremy. The girl next to you is looking.

Jeremy slowly, slowly, set the pencil down and tried to look as nonchalant as possible. He didn't know whether or not he actually succeeded, but he didn't want to turn his head to look at her to find out.

-I'm so getting you back for this.-

Squip chuckled in his ear and pressed a kiss to his temple.

You keep making that threat, but you've yet to actually do anything.

-I'm still working on it.-

It was hard to threaten someone when they already knew your every move.

One morning Squip joined him in the shower.

He hadn't been expecting it to make such a sudden appearance, but it was there, leaning up against the cold, white tile, and he dropped the bottle of shampoo he'd been holding with such a loud clatter half the campus probably heard it.

-I'm naked!-

Yes, and?

Jeremy stared at it, water dripping down his face and into his eyes. Squip had seen him naked a million times already. Duh. He had no reason to panic.