Chapter 4

Jackie's POV.

I stood in front of the mirror and tore my eyes from the wedding photo on my wall to check the make-up on my face before I let my hair down. When I think of it, i kind of look like a swan, but except for being beautiful, I'm hideous. And I don't mean the ugly duckling. To be honest, I'd look ok if I didn't have all these bruises. I'd look good. Like moma used to. Even though my body isn't as full as her's. It's more fragile. In fact, I still think I could pull off the "cool girl" style if I tried.

What am I kidding?

I laughed at my lame thoughts. For some odd reason my brain waa thinking more than it usually did.

I applied concealer to my neck and then wrapped my scarf around it. It was blue with flamingo patterns around it. I probably had millions of scarves just to hide my neck. Honestly, I like scarves. They're cozy and stylish and you can wear them in many ways.

I pulled my yellow hoodie over my long sleeve blue top and pulled them both over my jeans after I zipped my jacket up. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and turned around.

My room looked so dark. My blankets were sky blue with clouds over and my pillow was white. My curtains were blue too, and so was the small carpet at my bed side. I didn't have much things in my room. I had a rose gold and white lamp meticulously placed on my bedside drawer. There was one on either side. I had a dusty old bronze chandelier, a broken body length mirror, a brown cupboard, a chest of drawers and a framed photo of my mother's wedding day for motivation. There was nothing else.

I never complained though.

High school wasn't the same as primary school. There were more groups. More labels. More peer pressure. And most of all, more stupidity. You would think kids gain wit or at least maturity when they get there but it's the opposite really. 

I heard a loud pound on my door. My heart beat quickened.

"Are you done yet? Your fucking sister won't shut up. Get the fuck done and get her to fucking school." My father roared and then it went quiet again.

I presumed he left. I made my way out the door and kept my eyes on the ground. The ground was a constant in our house. Dark wood leading out the door to our rotten porch, where Izziel tapped her foot impatiently. She was wearing a blue skirt with navy blue stockings, white and navy blue polka dot rain boots and a purple long sleeve top with nettings over.

"Finally Jackie. I've been waiting for hours!" She hopped off the porch and started walking as I rolled my eyes at her over exaggeration.

"Do you always have to be so overly dramatic at times?" I asked her as I looked straight into familiar eyes.

He was getting into a vintage coffee brown and caramel Ford Mustang. And god was breathtakingly classy. It had platinum outlines and mags, and the top could revert off. From where I was I could see the creme beautiful, elegant leather interior inside it.

His eccentric dark hair messy, as if he came out of the shower a couple of minutes ago, and his grey-brown eyes were demanding for attention from so far, yet they were as soft as that of a baby Labrador. He wore a simple black T-shirt and jeans with a grey hoodie that lazily hung over his shoulders. Everything he had and wore was laced with quality and the same could be said about his easy life. Everything about his appearance screamed ARISTOCRAT!

He had his iPhone in his hand but he was staring at something. He was staring at..

"Jackie! Come on! You're making me late for the millionth time! Jeez." Izzie tugged at my sleeve and I ripped my gaze from what I was looking at.

"There you go again with the exaggerations" I walked her to school then changed my course towards my school.

If I had my own car I wouldn't have to walk Izzie and myself to school everyday. If I had a phone school work would be easier to do. If I had a warmer jacket I wouldn't be freezing my ass off right now. I would be a bit happier. Just a little bit. But I don't have those things. It feels as if I would never have them no matter how hard I wished.

After 20 minutes of walking and blankness I reached school and started my day.