Chapter 5

Aaron's POV

I stood there staring at the spot where she'd been standing and admiring.. my car? Maybe me? I couldn't tell if she was disgusted or admiring but she was looking this way.

Everyday her marks were hidden. Her bruises where hidden. Her skin was hidden from the world. Come rain or shine. The way she walks makes it seem as if her body aches, or as if she has 0% of confidence in herself. I wonder if she knows that she is beautiful or if she is just blinded by her beat up body. She looked cold and envious.

I got into my car and started it.

Maybe she was cold. She looks like her body gets no blood flow. She has to walk to school after walking her sister to school everyday. That has to be shitty since it's winter now. She has to walk through snow with that thin hoodie and scarf. Her scarf. It's the same as the one from last weekend Tuesday. She wears that one on Fridays and Tuesdays. I'm guessing those are her favourite days.

I wonder if I should give her a lift.

I made my way on the course she would take if she walked to school. I did see her, but I drove straight past her for the sake of contemplation and hesitation. I just blatantly passed her by. I wonder if she saw me. She looked so lost in thought. Or deep in it. Maybe she wasn't even thinking at all.

Sometimes I worry about myself because for some reason I have this obsession with this girl, but for another reason I am subconsciously obligated to repel her existence. This obsession is unhealthy but I can't help but think about all the interesting things she could be, or say, or has or does. And I know things about her more than i know about myself.

Things like her favourite colour. The fact that she likes books. And that she hides a lot. Or the fact that she eats an apple everyday. That she's a good cook and wants to open a bakery or restaurant some day. Small things like the half moons that I can imagine in her palms because of clutching onto her hands too hard for too long. Like mine. Or that she reads a lot of Greek mythology and Gena Showalter books. And that she speaks Russian for a third language. That she likes the crust on her bread and that she has elf ears and a weird shoulder. That she does art on a large piece of paper using charcol and that she can read music and play the piano.

It was small things but they amounted to be something big.

I parked my car and my... I think they're called friends? Were there waiting for me. Our school started a half an hour after other schools normally but during exams it started about the same time.

They came at me guns blazing as I lounged on the boot of my car and ate my apple.

"Yo bro! You had to see her face when she opened her bag and found a bunch of spiders just popping out!" Jace laughed and whipped his blonde hair back. His blue eyes filled with humorous tears.

"She squealed like a pig and split on the class. Fucking arachnophobic." He slipped beside me and fished my apple from my hand, chewing on it.

"Dude! Now I'm bored. Do something again. Like.. dance with your ass out or something." Lukas smacked Jace on the back and Jace chocked on a piece of apple.

"Bro, go find some chick to kill instead of tryna kill me for fucks sake. Tell him Ron" Jace complained looking at the Asian featured dark haired Lukas.

"But you just told him so yourself man." I rolled my eyes and leaned back as Rosalie came into my vision.

She had beautiful strawberry blonde hair with stunning green eyes. She always wore pink and reeked of freaking strawberries. Her lips were plump and glossy and her leather skirt was short. She was wearing a white top with a pink leather jacket. Even though she made me want to throw up my dick twitched at her scent and sight.

"Are you assholes bothering poor Ron again? I don't understand why you still having knocked their teeth out if you have every muscle to do it." She chewed gum while twirling stands of hair between her fingers. A habit she can never get rid of.

"Shut the fuck up Rosie. Gimme your goddamn lighter." Jace moaned and tried to change the subject but all of a sudden my heart dropped to my ass when i smelt this.. scent.

My attention got ripped away from it though. Harrison came up behind Rosalie, lifted her from the ground and kissed her.

"Yo Jace" He nodded toward me. He was the only one with brains in the lot other than myself. Though he is close minded in a few ways.

He and Rosalie are always on and off but everyone knows that no matter how much they break up they always end up together. He was so muscular and that was probably why Rosalie likes him so much. She has a massive obsession with muscular men. Harrison was dark in complexion but he had burning green eyes and a bad guy grin that could go from cute to handsome to drop your panties hot. Or that's what I normally hear girls whispering amongst each other when they talk about him.

The scent got stronger and I heard Jace cat calling someone. When I looked up a storm raged inside of my chest.

"Hey rag doll!" Jace laughed.

"You look up tight lemme tap that and loosen you up a bit babe" he waited for her to answer but she began to walk faster so the threw my apple at her and it hit her shoulder.

The rest of them continued with life after laughing at his idiocy but I wanted to strangle him. Though, I kept my composure.

"That wasn't cool man" was all I said.

"The fuck do you care? She's just a stupid chick bro." He hopped off and started his way to class.

They all did.