Chapter 9

Aaron's POV

*The next day*

She left home earlier today but she was walking way slower than usual, because I left home the time I normally do but I passed her on the way. I stopped at the end of the road and waited for her to catch up. Everything I done was what my body had forced me to.

She came up beside me but she didn't stop limping so I slowly drove beside her.

"Hey." I called out to her but she didn't say anything.

Her little sister tugged at her hoodie and whispered

"Jackie..." She waited for Jack to look up but she didn't.

"Hey, would you like a ride?" I asked and then she started to limp faster.

"Jackie." She walked in front of Jackie and looked her in the eye.

"Say yes." She stomped her foot and crossed her arms.

"No." She said in monotone.

"Please." She pleaded with her hands together making the cutest puppy eyes.

"No. Now can we continue walking? We're going to be late." She stood there, still not looking up.

"But I'm tired of walking and you hurt your leg. And if we take the ride we won't be late!" She contested.

"He's a stranger." She said but before she could say more, the little girl got into my car and locked her door.

"Izzie get out here!" She watched Izzie but Izzie didn't budge.

"Argh. You're such a.. argh." She tried to get in the back but Izzie locked the door, forcing her to sit in front beside me.

When she got in she sat down so slowly, in... In pain.

"Thank you for your kindness mister. I'm Izziel. This is my mean sister, Jackie." Izzie smiled from the back.

"Izzie!" She didn't lift her head from the ground.

"I'm sorry I can't lie to him since he's being so nice." She yawned and i started driving.

"I'm sorry about all of this. I promise it'll never happen again." She apologied and put her seatbelt on.

"It really is no problem. I've been meaning to offer you a lift to school... You know... Since you walk and we leave at the same time and it's quite a distance to walk and it's winter." I started to get anxious asking her.

"No thank you, we're fine with walking." She looked away from me and shifted uncomfortably.

"It really isn't a problem. I insist." I unintentionally begged.

"Jackie. Please. Just say yes please." Izzie begging with her hands folded in front of her.

"I said on ok." She huffed.

"That's fine. Hey, I wanted to know why you're limping." But before she said anything Izzie answered.

"My sister does Karate and Kick boxing at school. She's really good at it." She smiled proudly and Jackie hid her face.

Our school does not have those activities after school, but i didnt say anything.

"I see." I nodded.

"It really isn't any of your business to be asking questions you know." Jackie opened her mouth.

I came to Izzies school.

"Thank you so much for the lift mister. I hope my sister changes her mind next time." She smiled.

"It's ni problem at all. I'd love to pick you up in the mornings. You should come over some time. My brother needs to socialize." He smiled back.

"I will definitely.." Izzie began.

"No you won't. No one is. Now go to school." Jackie spat at Izzie and she got out and left.

"You're quite horrible at being a good sister and making friends." I said irritably but she stayed quiet.

"Ok... Then we will drive in silence." I drove slower.

"Why do you want to help me? If you want to make up for your horrible friends, I don't care. It was just a stupid joke and it hasn't gone through my head. I've dealt with worse." She forced it all out.

"It's not because of my friends, I'm just trying to be nice."

"Well go find someone else to be nice to. My sister and I are fine without you and we don't need friends." She spat.

I wondered why she was so protective. Secretive. Defensive.

"Damn, forgive me forget trying. I just thought... You needed a friend right now." He sped up.

"You thought wrong." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I didn't know our school does karate and kick boxing as an after school program." I pushed her.

"Can we focus on getting to school?" She looked forward.

"Not until you tell me why you're lying about limping." I huffed.

"Listen you don't know me. Now pull over before I jump out of this car." She gripped the seatbelt.

"Sorry. It's none of my business." We drove in silence and when i parked she got out as if she was trying to escape.

When she walked past Jace he slapped her ass, hard and she yelped. Gripping her bag, holding back tears and trying to walk away.

"If you fucking touch her again, I will tear your arms from your body." I warned and he held his arms up in surrender.