Chapter 17

Aaron's POV

I pocketed my phone and got into my car.

Today, is a fresh start. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night. My heart beat was constant. I ate breakfast and packed extra clothes in my trunk.

Now, I flicked my keys and pushed them into the ignition before parking in front of her house. Izzy looked through the window and hopped on one spot before conjuring through the door a few seconds later holding Jackie's hand and running to the car.

She was wearing a navy blue skirt with white dots over it and a navy blue bow, stockings and flats. Her hair was neatly plaited in a waterfall braid with a headband holding it back.

Jackie wore a sweatpants with a thin hoodie, runners and a beanie. She got into the front seat and Izzy climbed in at the back.

"Well don't you look like a princess. What's with the fancy clothes?" I asked.

"We're having a dress up day. I'm Elsa." She smiled.

She didn't even look the slightest bit like Elsa, but I didn't say anything. I got an idea.

"Well duh! You should enjoy your day. And here's something from me to you." I took out 20 bucks and held it out to her.

"Wow! Thank you!" She took it in a fashion close to grabbing.

"Izzy, give it back." Jackie moaned.

But Izzy just stuck it behind her back.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Izzy and I winked at each other as Jackie failed to hide her smile and shook her head at us.

I dropped her off at school and drove with Jackie. I pulled my hoodie a bit lower so I could get a good look at her. I reached over to my back seat and tossed my mint hoodie to her.

"What must I do with this?" She held it up.

"Take that piece of cloth off and put my hoodie on." I told her, keeping my eyes on the road so I don't have to feel embarrassed.

Why would I feel embarrassed again? Anyway.

"There's nothing wrong with my hoodie." She crossed her arms over her chest and shivered as I gave her a bored expression.

"Why do i-" she mumbled before I cut her off.

"Why do you have to fight and complain when i try to help you?! Just wear the god damn hoodie!" I gripped the steering wheel.

There was silence and when I looked over at her, she looked like a terrified rabbit as she held the hoodie to her chest.

"ok.. i-"  she began.

"sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I just.. I've noticed that you're getting cold so I brought the hoodie for you. I even made sure it's mint." I looked back at the road remembering that today's colour would be mint.

"It's ok. Thank you. I'm just... I'm not a charity case." She spat.

I breathed so I could calm down and not shout this time.

"I'm doing these things because I want to, not because I think you're a charity case." I groaned before looking back at her.

She sat against the window with the hoodie on. I wanted to smile so badly but I kept it back and looked at the road. She looked better in my hoodie than I ever could.

"Wait for me in the food court after school." I parked.

Again. Silence.

"Enjoy-" I got cut off by the sound of a car door banging close.