Chapter 13

Aaron's POV

She just got up and started walking. That's when my heart raced and i started panicking.

I got up and ran to the gate but I stopped and watched her.

Where was she going?

She paused and watched me. I could hear her groan. She looked like a furious cat.

She turned around and walked back inside.

So much for keeping me awake at night.

I thought.

I sat there all night to make sure she hadn't left. She looked like she was running away or something.

Something horrible happened to her in that house. Something horrible is happening, and she's too afraid to open up about it. But the more she stays quiet the more it's forcing her to do something horrible.

I thought about all the things that could be happening and it infuriated me.

It disgusted me that I see someone suffering but keep quiet about it.

That's when I couldn't care about how she felt anymore. I was going to find out what was going on. Whether she tells me herself or whether I had to force it out.

I kept watch till 4 in the morning then I went back inside and slept for 3 hours.

I woke up at 7 and got ready for school.

When the time came I was waiting outside her house in my car. Izzy came out before her and jumped in the back.

"Good morning mister. I realized I didn't get your name before." She packed a book into her bag.

"It's Aaron. Everyone just calls me Ron." I started to get impatient.

If she slipped out last night...

"Is Jackie going to school today?" I tapped my foot on the cars ground.

"Yes. She's just in the bathroom. She'll come soon. Say Aaron, do you like my sister?" She smirked.

My heart raced for no reason.

"Well, I don't know her yet but she seems like a very... Layered person." I replied.

"You didn't answer my question. That's minus 5 points for you mister." She scribbled something on her notepad and showed me.

"That means I lead, with 0." She smiled proudly.

"We'll see how long that lasts then." I watched the door as it opened and Jackie limped up to the car.

Her heavy bag hanging on one shoulder. She got in the front with no argumenting or fighting. She just put her bag on her lap and put her seatbelt on.

"How nice of you to join us sister." Izzy rolled her eyes and I started the car.

Jackie was silent; so was I.

"Do you hear that?" Izzy held her ear.

"Neither do I because it's so freaking quiet. Did someone die that i don't know of?" She moaned.

I waited for Jackie to scream but she didn't. She sat there with her head on the window.

I dropped Izzy then drove slowly to school.

"why are you limping? Why were you outside at 2 in the morning with a backpack on your back? Are you running away? Is it because of yesterday?" I waited for her to answer at least one question but she sat like a corpse.

"Jackie I swear to God if you don't answer me right now.." I warned.

"Why do you want to know? What were you doing out at 2 in the morning? You don't care. All you want is another story to tell you friends. Like the story you heard yesterday. Is that what you want because I can give you a story to tell. My life is my life and it is none of your business. Don't you have your own life of rumours and betrayal to live? Why don't you go do that instead of pestering me?" She was red with anger and her voice was laced with venom.

I groaned.

"I want to fucking help you. The more you stay quiet the more it kills you, then people find you ready to run away at 2 am, but nooo that doesn't matter does it? What matters is that you see me high in society and yourself lower and so you generalize me to be a monster like everyone else but I'm not. I see you suffering. I want to fix that... But you push me away out of fear. I'm not stopping just because you shoot at me with venomous words. It's only a defense mechanism. I'm just going to push you harder." I was gripping the steering wheel in a tense stance as pulled breaks at the red light.

She looked at me and I looked at her. My expression was soft and hers was shock.

"I know you don't have much friends and i know you're scared, but you need to tell someone, you need to throw it up. It's the only way things will get better. I'm here for that, and I promise you I want nothing to do with my place in society. If i could disappear I would, but please let me help you. I'll do anything just so I can gain your trust. I know I have a temper and right now I sound nasty but you need to believe that all I want is to help you." I looked away and started driving again.

"You don't have to tell me right now but you have to sooner or later. Better sooner than later. I swear on everything i have and everything I am, I won't tell a soul and I just want to help. We can.." I was cut off by her soft voice.

"Ok." She wasn't looking at me.

"Ok, what? Ok ok or like, ok you agree." I parked the car and turned to her.

"I'll tell you." She looked at me pokerfaced and i couldn't help but smile.

"Great. When?" I scratched my head.

"Sometime today." She said and my heart dropped to my ass.

"Uhm.. ok. Are you willing to skip school?" I watched her and she nodded.

"Ok. Don't worry about the rest. I'll find you." I reassured her before she got out.

"Wait!" I pleaded and she paused.

"E... Enjoy you day." I smiled but she jusy closed the door and walked away.

I was excited and nervous and happy