THREE

CHAPTER THREE:
FORGET ABOUT YOU? NEVER.

CHAPTER THREE:FORGET ABOUT YOU? NEVER

DYNASTY PLAYED ON THE T.V. AS DIANA STARED BLANKLY INTO SPACE. She was nestled between James and their mother, too occupied with her thoughts to listen to them discuss the plot. Billy hadn't called her yet and she honestly believed that he forgot. Maybe he was leaving her to do the assignment alone after all.

As the credits rolled, the house phone rang from the kitchen. Diana and James shared a look before rushing to answer it—a competition they've had since they were children.

"Hey!" Allison snapped, narrowing her eyes as they ran into the kitchen. She was standing at the island preparing dinner and waved a knife around as she spoke. "No running in the house!"

James laughed and stole a piece of carrot off of her chopping board. Pulling the phone from its receiver, he gave Diana a smug look and held it above her head. "You snooze, you lose," he gloated.

Diana grit her teeth and reached for the phone. "Hand it over, I'm expecting a call."

"Oh! From who? A lover perhaps?"

Diana cringed at the fact that if Billy was on the other end of the line, he could probably hear every word. "Shut up!"

James shook his head at her with a laugh before speaking into the phone. "Hello, this is the Blake Residence." He paused when a voice he didn't recognize asked to speak to his sister. He handed the phone over to Diana and crossed his arms. 'Who is that?' he mouthed to her.

She ignored him and put the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Ana."

"Billy." She leaned against the wall and wrapped the cord around her finger. "Thought you might have forgotten about me."

"Forget about you?" Billy questioned, charming as ever. "Never."

'Billy?' James mouthed. "Who the hell is Billy?" he asked, turning to his older sister. Allison just shrugged.

Diana rolled her eyes and turned her body away from him, bringing the phone closer to her mouth. "What's up?"

"What are you doing in half an hour?"

"Working on the project with you I'm guessing."

James backed off when he inferred that Billy was just a classmate.

"You guessed right," Billy mused. "What's your address?"

"1224 Loch Nora Court," Diana said, not missing a beat. "It's the house at the very end of the street. Can't miss it."

"All right, Ana," he said smoothly. The way her name flowed from his lips made her breath catch in her throat. "See you soon."

Diana placed the phone back onto the receiver. When she turned around, both of her siblings were giving her an expectant look. "What?" she asked.