Chapter 1: Atlas

My eyes swing open as I rise from a cage , unaware how I got here.

I see chains broken on the ground around me .
There are shattered glass pieces and blood everywhere. The blood must have woken me it's the only reasonable explanation, someone must've imprisoned me here to rot , but why can I not remember?

I walk towards the trail of blood left behind , I drag a single finger across it and bring it up to track the scent .

It's fresh blood . I instantly felt my heart beat faster , my eyes burned , my teeth felt like they were being ripped out , my body turned cold, I could hear everything ..., and I can't help myself from tasting it .

It was incredible the taste filled my body , my skin felt lifted , my heart slowed ,and everything went back to normal , but then I hear whimpers like someone crying .
Who could possibly be scared of me? I think to myself .
Who goes there?! I yell .
I could hear a shaking voice say "please don't hurt me."
It was more of a whisper but I could hear it . I won't harm you child come out .

I could see the child shake as he struggled to stand , chained up with a rock over him , bleeding out .

"What has happened to you boy ?" I ask .

He says "they wanted to wake you and I had to be the sacrifice." He says.

Sacrifice..? How low do these people think of me?! "I will not harm you boy" I say .

I quickly ripped the chains off of him , moved the rock and gave him some of my blood to heal him . I could feel my memories slowly coming back . "What year is it boy ?" I ask out loud .

"Well it's 2000." He says .

I had no idea I had been in slumber so long , I thought to myself. "Well all I remember was the year 1400 and running with the horses. Quite a-shame all that's left is this cave". I say out loud.

The boy laughs and says "there's more you just haven't seen it yet there's cities countries and buildings and towers that I've never even had the chance to explore . I'm too poor."
"Money is an issue I assume here . Where I'm from I had tons of money I lived like a king ..., for a while" I say.

"What happened?" The boy asks.

"What's your name boy ?"I ask him . He says "twenty" . "Like the number...?"
I ask. "Haha yeah" he says .
"What kind of fool gave you that name ?" I ask out loud .
He stays quiet while smiling . "What's so funny ?" I ask , but no reply .
I grab him by the hand and I start walking towards an escape. "W-wa -where are we going?" He says scared . "WA-wa- we are getting out of here!" I say .

"I can't help that I stutter ya know." He says .
I just grunted and kept on moving . We bickered the entire walk but eventually I found an escape . The boy and I start pushing the huge bolder out the way .

"So are you like ancient old ?" He asks .

"Shut up" I reply .

We need to focus . I continued to push and finally we were able to open it enough to get us out . I grabbed the boy and ran as rocks started to fall and dust coming from above . I tripped at the edge of the cliff with the boy in my arms we tumbled down the side of the cliff sliding. We were screaming the entire way down . Finally we rolled into a field . I had bruises and cuts from the fall they were slowly healing . I tried to catch my breath and bring myself up . When I looked to my left I noticed twenty was hurt as well but he wouldn't heal like I .
I checked his pulse but nothing immediately I started screaming his name pushing him and trying to get him to wake up but nothing . I looked down and blamed myself .
Then I hear "gotcha" twenty was laughing .
"I got you so good" he says.