Chapter 17: thirst

Many nights went by lonely I never left , I never let anyone bury Caleese. I needed time before I could accept the fact that she's dead.
(From this point until further notice the story will be told from twenty's point of view.)

I couldn't stop thinking about Atlas and Caleese I thought I was finally going to have someone to love me , but Atlas is too torn up to even notice that I'm hurting too. I go to speak with Roselyn as she watches Atlas from a far.
"Can we talk?" I ask her.
"Yes." She replies.
"I feel helpless , what can I do?" I ask her.
"I don't think anything can help Atlas right now he needs time to heal." Roselyn says.
I missed the times when it was just Atlas and I , I just couldn't say that.
"Is there anything at all?" I ask .
"Not for Atlas, but i can tell you a story to pass the time." She says comforting me.
"I'm listening." I say sitting next to her.
"Legend has it there's a dragon in two villages over its in a cave , those who go there never come back , no one was ever able to figure out if it was really a dragon because no one ever came back to tell. If you defeat the dragon you will be granted one wish. But that's just a story." Roselyn says with a subtle laugh.
"How would one defeat this dragon?" I ask.
"Don't tell me you're thinking of going?" She says.
"No I'm not I'm just curious." I say.
"With a diamond sword of course." She says laughing as she walks away.
I have a diamond sword I could defeat the dragon and wish for Caleese to come back to life.
I know what I need to do.
I wait until dark.
I grab my sword and I sneak out.
No one catches me not even the guards.
I grab one of the castle horses and ride it to the other village two villages down like she said.

(Back to Atlas)
"Are you alright?" Roselyn asks.
"No." I say.
"Atlas it's time to burry her it's what she would want." Roselyn says.
"No I'm not ready." I say.
"You will never be happy until you let go." She says.
"Happiness just isn't in the cards for me , it hasn't been in a while. I'm the dumb one I fell for it I should've left Caleese alone the minute I saw her . Hell , I should've left twenty alone." I say regretfully.
"Twenty is your friend and Caleese was your love." Roselyn says.
"Happiness was in the cards for you , someone took it." She says.
"You're right and I need to find them , and kill them." I say as I get up and walk away.
I'm going to look for them I will find them. If it's the last thing I do.

(Back to twenty's POV)
I see the cave. I get off the horse and tie it to a fence. I walk to the cave. I use my air powers to lift myself to the top , and I pull my sword out as well.
It's so dark in here I don't see anything.
Something moves . "Show yourself!" I yell.
I hear it growl . I pick up a rock and stick and try to make fire so I can see. That's when I see it. A dragon , it's head is almost bigger than the cave itself. I touch its head and I feel something. This dragon doesn't want to hurt me I don't think. I put my sword back in the holster, and I bow to the dragon.
"I don't want to hurt you." I say.
The dragon starts moving closer to me as I back away. It breathes fire burning me , I fall I try to escape but the dragon is still burning me.
"Help!!" I yell.
I scream in pain. But no one will help no one can hear me . I try to crawl out but the dragon pulls me back , in this moment I think I know , I'm gonna die here. "I'm on fire somebody help!" I yell.

(Back to Atlas)
"Have the guards go out and find this man , have the witches check the knife she was stabbed with for finger prints and they can use it for a location spell." I say ordering.
I walk out and start going to other villages questioning everyone.
I won't miss a single house or village.
"Find him!!" I order them to work faster.
I'm losing my mind. I have to kill him.

Many hours go by .

(Back to twenty)

I wake up . "What I'm still alive?" I say shocked.
I notice that there's no burn on me. But I'm surrounded by people and the dragon is by my side.
"You child are brave." An old man says coming from another side of the cave.
"Who are you people?" I ask.
"We're the hunters." They say.
"The what?" I ask.
"We all came here like you to defeat this dragon , but the wish is just a myth." They say.
"Instead the dragon blessed us with abilities." The old man says.
"Abilit- abilities what kind of abilities?" I ask.
"The dragons breath , fire power." They say bowing to me.
"You are now blessed with this gift as well." They all say.
"So you're all the people that came here why didn't you ever go back?" I ask.
"We cannot share the secret of the dragon it's far too dangerous to put her in a position to be hunted." They say.
"So now I have fire powers?" I ask scared.
"Yes and we will teach you how to use them." They say.
I look at my hands nervous I can feel the heat.
"Okay I'll learn." I say.