Chapter 7 : the sword

I'm still in the same place I was last night,
Stuck staring out this window .
The suns heat I can feel it so mesmerizing I feel
myself absorbing the power and losing myself in it. I hear something. I grab my staff and do some defense techniques with it .
"Who goes there?!" I yell.
"Um it's just me-." She says concerned.
"Oh Caleese of course , I'm sorry". I say taking a deep breath and laying my staff down.
"What brings you up here?" I ask .
"I just wanted to see what you were doing?" She asks.
"Just thinking." I say .
"About what?" She asks.
"Nothing. Stop asking questions." I say getting annoyed.
"I'm sorry I'll just go back to that room." She says backing away. I can tell I hurt her feelings.
"Wait." I say stopping her.
"I'm sorry , I didn't mean it in a mean way . I'm just irritated ." I say looking away.
She comes up behind me and grabs my shoulder facing me towards her .
"What happened?" She asks.
I can't answer her instantly . In that moment all I can see is Alexcia . I have to stop thinking about her.
"Nothing you need to worry about." I say turning away from her again.
"It's that kid isn't it? Where is he?" She asks concerned looking at me as if I am guilty of something.
"I took him home. Last night , he deserves to be with his family safe and loved . I never once thought about asking him about his home . I just took him with me wherever and he followed. They miss him and what I did was selfish." I say sadly.
"What about that other vampire . I don't think you realize taking him home may have put him in more danger." Caleese says worried.
"I didn't think about that, I have to go make sure he's okay." I say grabbing my jacket .
"Wait!" Caleese says .
I turn around and face her .
"Don't go yet , train me first . So if they are there I can help." She says innocently.
"No! I go alone , we don't have time to train you and i don't need help." I say speaking down to her. I think she makes me mad because she's not who I want her to be. But she is truly beautiful inside and out , I feel her soul.
"I don't want you to feel unsafe , I will train you when I get back I promise." I say .
"Okay I'll just be here snooping around going through all of your things" she says smiling.
"I'm sure you will." I turn around and smile at her before leaving.
I go to twenty's house. I look inside the windows trying to go unnoticeable.
"Hey dude are you okay?" A random guy says from across the street.
"Oh yes yes just locked myself out of my house no big deal" I say waving and smiling.
I get inside the house I sneak around as quietly as I can . I go up to see twenty and he's not there. Neither are his parents . The car is gone. They must have gone somewhere he's fine .
"Hello atlas" Saska says .
"What did you do?" I say accusing Saska of something.
"I haven't done anything I actually just followed you here. What is this place? Saska asks .
"No where just looking for a daytime snack." I say .
"You left him. So he could be safe didn't you?" Saska asks.
"Stop accusing me of things!" I say to Saska .
"Guilty Conscience guilty actions" Saska says .
"Guess I'll just wait here for the kid to come back I'll never leave him. He probably hates you." Saska says trying to get in my head.
I pin him up against the wall and my vampire face comes out .
"Enough silence yourself or I'll do it for you!" I say threatening Saska.
"You won't do anything." Saska says walking away.
"Oh I won't?" I say.
I grab Saska and vamp speed back to the castle .
"What's going on?" Caleese asks.
"I'm taking Saska as my prisoner." I say dragging Saska to the dungeon.
"What? You can't keep me." Saska says .
I beat him senseless and then I snap his neck .
This won't kill him but it will keep him out for a while. I chain him up and lock the cell.
"Rot here". I say I know he can't hear me but it was worth it.
I go back up to talk to Caleese. I explain everything to her.
"So twenty's fine?" She asks .
"As I know of." I say.
"Now let's get to training, that is if you're ready?" I say smirking .
"I'm ready." She says smiling .
"Right this way ma lady." I say leading her into the training room.
"Alright vampires attack from behind its one of their things so what you need to do is always pay attention."
"I will." She says confident.
I vamp speed behind her knocking her into my arms , holding her in just the perfect position to bite the neck.
"You didn't pay attention." I say whispering in her ear and clicking my tongue.
"It was so fast." She says out of breath.
"Pick up a weapon you never want to go against a vampire with just your hands." I say.
She grabs a wooden staff.
"I took Karate as a child I may be able to use this thing." She says smirking.
"I learned from an ancient Buddhist monk A few thousand years ago" I say pridefully.
We fight but she surprised me , she actually knew what she was doing.
She knocked me onto the ground and pretended to stake me.
"I'm impressed Caleese." I say shocked.
"Don't act so surprised , you let me win." She says .
"I had to , if I had gave it my all you would be in the afterlife." I say laughing.
"Well you have to give me your all or I'll never learn." She says desperate.
I charge at her knocking her on the ground but she picks up the staff and actually stakes me in the back.
"Wow , now a little help?" I say catching my breath.
"Oh yes of course I'm so sorry" she says pulling the staff out of me.
"Don't be sorry you impressed me in a real fight you would have won." I say .
"Now keep that staff it's yours , it has my blood on it to remind you that you can defeat my kind." I say confident in her.
I know she wouldn't win against me but against Saska , easy fight for her , and him and his friends are our targets right now. Knowing this much I think she's ready.
"You can keep practicing alone. I'm going to check on our guest." I say smiling.
She looks at me and smiles.
She continues to practice while I go to see Saska.
"How are you holding up?" I ask.
"How do you think." He says looking down.
"I wouldn't want to keep that attitude if I were you , you might not get fed." I say deviously.
"Just feed me and go." He says worn out.
I throw an old container of blood I had been keeping hidden in here, in his cell.
"Eat up that's all you're going to be getting for a while." I say smirking.
I walk back to Caleese she's still practicing.
I just watch her in awe.
"That's cute." I say scaring her.
"I'm trying." She says .
I can tell she's getting annoyed with me .
"Why don't you take a break?" I say.
"I am kind of hungry." She says .
"Follow me." I say.
We go into the kitchen .
"There's nothing here." Caleese says going through my cabinets.
"I've never been a grocery shopping type." I say laughing.
"I'm hungry as well , how about you go get some food? And I'll run by a hospital and grab something to eat." I say.
"You're going to eat someone?" She asks scared .
"Although that would be appetizing , I meant a blood bag." I say smirking.
"Oh okay then I'm that case yes." She says walking towards the door.
We go out . "We need a car." She says tired of walking.
We arrive at the grocery store .
"I'll take care of that, and I'll meet you back here." I say .
I go to the hospital first I sneak in and grab just a few . Now it's time to go get a car .
This time I won't have to kill anyone.
I arrive at the car dealership and walk inside.
"How can I help you?" Says the dealership man.
Is he an idiot I'm at a car dealership, what does he think I want some water? .
"A car." I say throwing my money on the table.
"Oh wow that's a lot , uh right this way sir." He says.
He takes me outside to look at the cars.
"I want your nicest one." I say .
"This is our new model it's a Mercedes Benz we just got it in. Would you be interested?" He asks.
"I'll take it." I say.
He makes me fill in all this paper work I don't understand. I wish twenty was here he could do this for me . I grab my leftover money.
After that he hands me the keys and I drive away. I put the blood bags I was hiding in my jacket in the container thing.
I drive to get Caleese.
You can see the shock on her face when she sees my car. She put the groceries in the trunk after teaching me how to open it.
She gets in the car and buckles up.
"I'm surprised you wear a seatbelt." She says .
"I wouldn't but it means a lot to someone else." I say driving away back to the castle.
We put the groceries away and talk for a while.
"So that's how you met twenty?" She asks.
"Yes it is." I say.
I miss him more than anyone could know , I guess maybe I thought of him like he was my own. But what I did was right I just know it .
"So what were you doing before we met?" I ask.
"I was studying symbols for one of my college classes , it became a hobby of mine it intrigued me , other than that just living day to day." She says.
"Can I show you something?" I ask Caleese
"What is it?" She asks.
I pull up my shirt and show her a marking I have on my ribs.
"How did you get this?" She asks.
" I'm not sure a lot of my memories are still suppressed." I say .
"It looks like a burn maybe a branding." She says rubbing her fingers across it.
"Do you know what it means?" I ask.
"I've never seen that one in particular, but I have seen one like it." She says.
"What did it mean?" I ask.
"To kill like if something was being hunted they would brand it once they got it in case it ever ran away." She says.
"Someone must have done this to me." I say questioning it.
Who would do it? Why? Whoever did it must have been the person that imprisoned me.
"My new goal is to find who imprisoned me and kill them." I say pulling my shirt back down aggressively.
"Would they even still be alive?" Caleese asks.
"I'm not sure , if not I'll find their bones and burn them." I say .
"There's no way we could find them they could be anywhere." She says .
"That cave is not too far from here whoever did it was here at some point there's no way they would leave. Even if they did they can't be too far." I say.
"Right." Caleese says .
"Show me around this place?" Caleese asks.
"Of course." I say leading her to follow me.
We walk around the entire house .
And the last spot is the balcony. The sunset is hitting her perfectly she's glowing.
She looks at me and then turns away.
"Did I do something?" I ask.
"I'm not her." She says angry.
"I never said you were." I say confused.
"You're looking at me like you're in love and I know that you're not in love with me so you have to be thinking about her." She says as she storms off into my bedroom.
I follow her. I try to open the door but it's locked. I open the door.
"Leave me alone." She says looking away.
"How'd you even get in here?" She asks.
"I have a key , this is my room. I say .
"Well just leave." She says angry.
"I know you're not her , out there on the balcony I was looking at you not her." I say sitting on the bed and pushing Caleese's hair behind her ear.
"But you don't love me?" She says.
"You're right I don't , I just met you, but that doesn't mean I can't think you're beautiful." I say holding her face.
She's jerks away.
"I know I'm sorry. I just hate that I look like her I wanna be my own person. I don't want to be her." Caleese says.
"You're not , you're nothing like her , even when I had first saw you I knew you weren't her , I acted like that because some small part of me wanted to believe that she was there." I say.
"I get that." She says looking me in the eyes.
I lean in to just take in her beauty.
She leans in further . She grabs my face kissing me . I push her hand away and push her down, slowly laying on top of her . Every kiss getting more and more passionate . I'm ready to go all the way , but I stop. Out of the corner of my eye I see something glowing.
"Why'd you stop?" She asks.
"Trust me I didn't want to , there's something glowing." I say getting up to go and get it.
"What is it?" She asks.
"It's a sword scabbard." I say.
"Why is it glowing?" She asks.
She asks too many questions.
"Twenty must still have the diamond sword I gave him. It glows when it's being used it possesses power so strong one slice from the blade will kill someone instantly." I say confused.
"Twenty must be using the sword." Caleese says worried .
"We have to make sure he's okay." She says standing up grabbing her staff.
"Let's go!" I say .