| THREE |

Photo of Logan Scott.

As soon as Clay drops June and I off at my dad's house he's waiting at the front door with a scowl on his face. "Where have you been? Do you know how worried I was? Is that blood?" He starts questioning the moment we step up to the door.

"Out." I answer pushing my shoulder against his to get through and into the house. "You can't stay out all night and come home covered in blood!" He yells as I pull June to my room. "Psst. Kenzie." Logan whispers sticking his head out of his door.

"He's in a bad mood." He winks before closing the door. "Thanks for the heads up!" I yell sarcastically. "Tell me about the fight!" June squeals jumping onto my bed.

June and I stay up until 4am talking about how much a dick Wyatt is and the fight, me leaving out how Clay is actually 'The Killer', until we both fall asleep.

The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful. Logan went out with friends during the day and I was out with June. The time spent at home consisted of me hiding in my bedroom and ignoring my father.

Monday morning I head straight for my locker, and for the first time ever wishing it was Wednesday so I could go back to moms. "You get the blood out of your sweater?" Clay mutters lowly as I open my locker.

"Sure did." I answer not looking at him. "Did you tell June and Brad?" He asks closing his locker. I see from the corner of my eye he's turned to face me.

"Does it matter if I did?"

"Yes."

"Why?" I push. "We can't talk about it here." He whispers taking a step closer to me, invading my personal space. Before I can answer Logan walks up to us.

"Hey Kenzie." He smiles at me then eyes Clay up and down. "Is Harold taking you home?" I question knowing that's what he's come to talk to me about. He told me less than 10 minutes ago he needs a ride.

"It's Hayden. And yes he is." Logan scoffs. "Okay. I'll be home by dinner." I answer. "Good I don't think I could handle another dinner alone with dad." He fake shudders before leaving.

"Your brother?" Clay questions me. "Yeah." I sigh feeling bad I've basically ditched him. "Let's talk after school." Clay says before walking off.

I was planning on staying in the art room after school to finally finish off my painting but Clay wasn't in chem for me to tell him. Seriously where does this guy go? I swear he's never in class.

In art I sigh as I pack up the paints I've been using. All I need is another hour or two and it'll be finished. Guess I'll have to finish it tomorrow.

By the time I reach my locker most of the students have gone and Clay is leaning against his locker. "What are you painting?" He asks not bothering with a hello. "So why can't I tell June and Brad that your 'The Kil-" I begin to say but was cut off by his hand placed over my mouth.

"Not here." I roll my eyes and pull his hand off me. "Come on then. Let's go" I huff once I've swapped my books. I let Clay lead the way to the small park down the street from the school where a few elementary kids are playing on the playground.

"If anyone at school finds out I'm fighting I'll be expelled." Clay says getting straight to the point as he sits on a bench seat. "And?" I ask not getting where this is going, it's not like I'm going to go yell it from the rooftops. "I can't get expelled."

"Why?" I question sitting down next to him. "I actually want to get into college." Clay says in a 'duh' tone. "Well I found out." I state crossing my arms over my chest. I see his eyes glance at my tits for a split second before looking straight ahead again.