| THIRTY TWO |

At school on Monday Brad and June are back and look a lot better and ready to put operation Christmas Dance into full swing. All of history class Brad is going over the plan making sure everyone knows exactly what they're doing. He even sends Clay 12 texts to check in on him.

"For gods sake. We know what we're doing." I snap half way through the period. "What she said." June agrees earning a glare from Brad and Mrs Holmes. "I'm nervous." He whispers running his hand through his hair. "Please. She'll say yes." I reassure him patting his shoulder. "I'll see you third period?" He asks when the bell rings dismissing us. "See you in the art room." I smile fighting the urge to roll my eyes. "Love you!" Brad yells running down the hall to his next class.

At the start of third period I'm the first one there. June waltz in the room next dropping a big bag of chocolate bars onto the table. "Why can't someone do this for me?" She pouts as I grab a big piece of gold cardboard. "Because you're man doesn't go to high school." I offer with a smile as I go through the chocolates arranging them on the board.

Clay walks in next with a bunch of roses. His unimpressed face makes June and I burst out laughing. "Shut up." He mumbles dropping the flowers carelessly onto the table. "Where's Brad?" He asks noticing he's not here yet. "I have no clue." I tell him putting sticky dots onto the back of the chocolate bars and arranging them on the board. "This is the most cheesiest shit I've ever done." I comment just as the man of the hour walks in.

"Isn't this what girls like?" Brad asks looking panicked. "Yes." June sighs dreamily. I scrunch my nose up as I start writing his cheesy quote swapping the pen colours between red and green. "Look I'm shaking." Brad states shoving his hand in my face.

"It'll be fine." June reassures as I start with the glitter. "Did you memorize you're little speech?" Clay asks picking up a bottle of glitter to help me. "Yup." Brad smiles proudly. Once the board is done we spend most of the period in the art room talking until it was time to go to Dees locker.

Clay easily breaks into her locker and starts stuffing some of the roses in all around. I pass him the board and he places it right in front and arranges more roses around it. "This is the least manly I've ever felt." He mumbles to me. "What are you four doing?" A loud voice making Clay and I jump and spin around. "Oh it's you." I say when I see it's just Phil and continuing with the arrangement.

"Wait, where's Brad and June? They're meant to be our look out." I say spinning around. "They told me what you guys were doing so I thought I'd check it out." Phil smiles peering over Clays shoulder. "Looks good." He nods. Just then the bell rings and I slam the locker shut and drag both Clay and Phil over to the water fountain where June was waiting to watch our handy work.

We didn't have to wait long for Dee to show up with Mckayla. When Dee opens her locker her face was the most amusing thing I've seen. Her lips first turned into a 'o' shape then confusion spread across her face and finally happiness. Brad walks up to her and whispers something in her ear making her spin around. We watch as his mouth moves and her cheeks redden along with Mckaylas, but she looks like she's turning red from anger judging by the scowl on her face.

Dee throws her arms around Brads neck with a giant smile on her face. He spins her around a few times stopping with back to us and holding up a thumb with a big smile on his face. "Did you get?" June asks Clay gripping onto his arm with a squeal. "Yes." He mumbles rolling his eyes. "Come on. Let's go eat." June smiles grabbing mine and Clays hands. "Bye Mr Jones!" She calls over her shoulder as she drags us to the cafeteria.

"Think he'll join us today?" I ask as we sit down. "No way in hell. He'll be frenching her for the rest of lunch." June laughs pulling out the biggest container of pasta I've seen and three forks. "What?" She asks noticing Clay and I's shocked faces. "I brought us lunch in." She shrugs sliding two forks to our side of the table.