| SIX |

Clay dragged me into what I'm assuming is his bedroom. There is a unmade double bed in the middle of the room, clothes thrown about and half empty water bottles. "Is this your room?" I ask looking around. "No. It's the spare room." Clay answers sarcastically.

"Who's Hilda?" I ask sitting on the edge of the bed. "Moms sister. She's a bitch." Clay answers grabbing a pair of sweat pants from the ground. "I'll go get you some of Jens clothes." He says before leaving me in his room. I get up and start snooping. He has some school books scattered on the floor next to his bed but there's nothing interesting.

"Are you going through my stuff?" Clay asks making me jump. "Yes." I answer honestly. "Find anything interesting?" Clay smirks dropping some girl pyjama pants onto the bed. "No. You're really boring." I smirk picking up the pants. I check the size and smile when I see they'll fit. "I couldn't find any shirts." Clay tells me as I pull of my sweater. "It's okay. I can sleep in my top." I answer pointing to my old t-shirt I still have on.

"Turn around." I demand. Clay rolls his eyes but obeys. I change my pants and climb into his bed. "I'm changed." I state. Clays eyes widen when he see me in his bed. "What? I'm not sleeping on the floor." I tell him. "Fine." Clay grunts as he grabs the pillow from under my head. "Hey! I was using that." I sass. "Use the other one. This is mine." He grunts turning the light off.

I sigh and grab the other pillow but it's nowhere near as comfortable. It feels new and unused. As I snuggle down getting ready to sleep the blanket is ripped off me. "What the fuck?" I say sitting up. "I need a blanket too." Clay says. "Now I'm going to be cold." I pout. "There's another two fucking blankets on the bed." He grunts.

"You're really mean Clay Helms." I say aggressively pulling up the other two blankets. "I could say the same about you Kenzie Scott." Clay chuckles. "You know you could bring the blanket up here and sleep on the other side of the bed." I whisper. "No." He replies instantly.

I sigh and hide my face in the pillow feeling embarrassed. I just asked Clay fucking Helms to sleep in the same bed as me and he didn't even think about it before saying no.

"You're on my side of the bed." Clays voice says right next to my ear. I jump back and see him sitting on his knees leaning his arms on the edge of the bed. "I'm not sleeping on that side." Clay says screwing his face up in disgust. "I'm sure it will be fine." I whisper. "You sleep on over there then." Clay whispers. "Fine." I huff and move over pulling the pillow with me.

I feel the other blanket fall on top of me before Clay climbs into the bed. "What's the time?" I yawn. "3am." Clay whispers. "Thanks again." I whisper rolling on my side to face him. "It's okay." Clay yawns closing his eyes. "I never thought you could be nice." I whisper. Clays eyes fly open at my words. "I'm the definition of nice." He whispers making me giggle. "Sure, sure." I answer before closing my eyes.

***

"Well, well, well. What's going on here?" A female voice wakes me up. I groan and bury my head deeper into my pillow. My pillow doesn't feel like mine though. That's when last night comes flooding back to me. I jump and sit up looking to where the voice came from. Jen is standing in the doorway smirking. "Fuck off Jennifer." Clays voice mumbles from next to me.

"Mom is coming to wake you up." Jen sasses before slamming the door. "Morning." I whisper. Clay jumps at the sound of voice and sits up too. "You forgot I was here." I accuse raising my eyebrows. "No." He mumbles rubbing his eyes. "You so did!" I exclaim throwing my legs out of the bed. "Okay, maybe I did." He admits climbing out of the bed. "I forgot I was here too." I chuckle changing back into my jeans.

"Want me to take you home?" Clay asks throwing me my sweater. "Yes please." I answer pulling it over my head. "Is that the same one you got blood on?" Clay gestures to my sweater. "You got blood on it." I correct. "Technically it was Connors fault." He counters.