| NINE |

Saturday morning I wake still pumped from last night. Clay and I ended up going to McDonalds instead of Susies because he wanted to 'save me from a million questions from Jen.'

"Hello family." I smile walking into the kitchen. "Someone's happy." Logan smirks. "I am." I smile grabbing a bowl of cereal. "How was your date?" Dad asks with a serious look.

"It wasn't a date. We just hung out." I pointedly tell him. "Don't you have a football game to go too?" I ask Logan trying to change the subject. "Nope. Not until after Thanksgiving." He smirks.

"What are we doing for thanksgiving?" I ask sitting up straight. It will be our first holiday as a split family. It's moms week but we always went to dads parents house for thanksgiving since she has no family alive. "Grandpa and grandma are going on a cruise. I offered to work a double." Dad sighs.

"Why don't we just spend half the day with mom and the other half with you?" Logan pipes up looking frustrated. "I asked. She said no." Dad sighs. "She's such a bitch." I mumble earning a scolding look from dad.

"Be nice. She's still your mother."

***

At 2am Logan's party is finally dying out. Brad, June and I spent the night taking turns stopping 15/16 year olds breaking shit and driving drunks home.

"Kenzie?" A deep voice says making me spin around after yelling at a kid who tried to piss in a vase. "Connor? What are you doing here?" I asked shocked. "Picking up my drunk little brother. You seen him?"

"Who's your brother?" I ask grabbing the kid that is trying to piss in the fucking vase again by the scruff of his neck. "I fucking told you not to do that! Go sit outside and wait for Brad or else I'm going to rip your dick off." I snap pushing the kid towards the door. "Ooh feisty girl." Connor laughs.

"Hayden."

"What?" I snap at Connor. "My brother is Hayden." He chuckles. "Through here." I say leading him to the kitchen where I made Logan and Hayden sit down and drink some water.

"Herbert! Your brother is here!" I yell making both boys jump. "Kenz. I've known you for years and you still don't even know my name." Hayden slurs standing up. "I tell her every day!" Logan giggles.

"Connor? When did you get here?" Hayden hiccups stumbling a bit, by a bit, I mean a lot. "Come on Junior. Let's get you home." Connor chuckles helping his brother stand straight.

"See ya Friday Kenzie." Connor winks before taking Hayden the door. "You know Connor?" Logan says trying to get off his seat. "No. Come on let's get you to bed." I sigh helping my brother to his room.

"Thank fuck that's over." I sigh flopping onto my arm chair. "I'd say. These kids were animals." June agrees. "We were never that bad." Brad sighs sitting on the sofa next to June.

***

Monday morning Logan is still a little hangover which I take great pleasure in. I play the music and talk a little louder than I normally would. "Hayden's taking me home." He mutters as we walk into school before heading to his friends.

"Guess who showed up at my house on Saturday!" I say excitedly as I walk up to Clay in his locker. "What no good morning Clay? No how was your weekend Clay?" He smirks closing his locker as I open mine.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just guess." I smile. "Batman." He says. "You're a terrible guess." I say rolling my eyes. "Connor!" I exclaim. "Cowboy Connor?" Clay asks in surprise.

"Yup! His little brother is best friends with mine." I tell him closing my locker. "Hayden?" He asks scrunching his eyebrows. "Yup." I nod. "That explains the text." Clay mumbles. "What'd he say?" I ask being nosey. "Asked how my dick was. Said you apparently like to rip them off." Clay chuckles. My cheeks redden remembering my outburst.