10. Party failure

Its Friday and I decided to go to the party with Peter and Ned his friend. So I'm getting ready at peters place now. I stare at myself in a mirror. "I'm not sure pete." I say. "What are you not sure about?" Peter asks. "If I should go to liz' party, she doesn't even know me." I explain. "She won't mind." Peter comforts me. "How do I look?" He then asks. "You look Great." I say. "You too." We then hear a door and Ned walks in. Thats our sign to go, May is going to bring us.

We get out of the car and walk towards the big house where the music is coming from, when we walk in I see a lot of people. Mostly from school. A girl comes up to us, "hey guys, cool hat Ned." She says. "Hi liz." "Hi liz." "Hi, I'm Addison. Sorry to invade your party." "O no don't worry you're welcome. I'm so happy you guys came. There is pizza and drinks. Help yourself." Liz says. "Great party." Peter stumbles. "Thanks." Liz answers. I just chuckle, Peter is shy. Cute. I then hear glass shattering in the distance. "Oh my parents will kill me if anything is broken. I gotta." Liz starts but Peter cuts her off whit a "yeah." "Have fun." She says and walks off. "You didn't know what to say." I start. I put my hand on peters shoulder. "But thats okay Pete, you have enough time to learn how to talk till homecoming." I say chuckling. "I don't know what it is." Peter says. "I do. You're shy." I say. "Okay, Peter spider it up, you gotta crash this party." Ned says. "No, no I can't. I'm just going to be myself tonight." Peter says. "Peter, nobody wants that." Ned says. "Hey!" "Dude." Peter and I say at the same time. "Thats mean." I say. "I'm gonna get a drink." I then say and walk off to the kitchen where I get myself a coke. When I turn I hear a "penis parker whats up." My blood starts boiling. "So where is your pall, Spiderman? Let me guess: whith your imaginary girlfriend in Canada. Thats not spider man thats Ned in a red shirt." I squeeze my cup with coke and throw in on the kitchen table to then walk towards Flash. "Hey Flash." I call him out. "Come down here for a second." He does as I say. "Oh hey Addison." I look him in the eyes. "Don't oh hey me, you gotta stop bullying." I say. "Or what?" He says. "You Don't wanna know." I say. "Is that a thread?" He asks, "you should consider it one." I say and then go back to the kitchen for a new coke.

"Hey where did Peter go?" I ask Ned. "I don't know." Ned answers me. Then Liz walks by. "Hey Liz, have you seen Peter?" I ask. "Uhm no, not since the beginning of the night no." She says. "Okay" i say. I go to the bathroom. And connect with peter trough my watch. "Where the hell are you?" I ask. "What who is this?" I hear Peter say trough my watch. "It's Addy." I explain. "Oh. I'm kinda busy right now." He says. "With what?" I ask. "I need to be quit, I'm hanging under a bridge." He keeps whispering. "I guess I'll leave you to it then, don't get yourself in trouble." I say and disconnect.

I'm sitting at the couch in the living room with a coke Malibu mix talking to Liz and this other girl called Alexis. We talk about all sorts of stuff when I get called on my watch. "Dad" I whisper silently. The girls look at me" I gotta get this." I say and get up to walk outside and pick up. "Where are you?" My dad asks. "At a party." "I told you to keep an eye on peter, you didn't." My dad says. "What? Yes I did." I defend myself. "Addy he almost drowned." I don't know what to say. A "Shit." Leaves my lips. "Is he okay?" I ask. "Yes, but sweetheart you can't let him do this kind of investigations on his own." My dad explains. "I'll go check how he's doing." "Convince him to stop investigating into this and to stay in his neighborhood." I think for a second. "I'll try." "Okay, bye." "Bye."

I walk back into the house and hear flash chanting "penis parker, penis parker." I make my hands fists and walk towards him, I pull him down by his shirt and give my right arm a swing to hit him right in the face. I hear a few oohs "I told you, to stop." I say, push him away turn and walk out. On my way out I hear a "you bitch." Coming from flash. He deserved it.
I then go outside and fly off towards where my watch says Peter is. I see him on this playground and sit down next to him. "Are you okay?" He looks up. "Oh hi Addy." I look at him, "I'm fine." He says. "You know, i've told my father I'm fine a thousand times without actually meaning it." I say. "I mean it." He says. "Okay, well don't drown on us again Pete. I wouldn't be able to look at you if you'd be in pain." He just looks at me and sighs. "When I just started fighting, I failed a million times. It happens to the best of us." I try to comfort him. "I almost had them." Peter says. "And I found this." He shows me a glowing purple energy source. "That thing is dangerous." I say. "What is it?" Peter asks. "I'm not sure, but its not good." I say worriedly. "I'm going to research it at school." Peter says. "If you're going to be careful with it." "I will." "Let's go home." I suggest. "Yeah." Peter says. "Or sit on a roof and enjoy the view for a moment." He continues. "Yeah sounds great." I smile. I put my left hand around peters waist. "Hold on tight." I say. And fly up slowly to find a roof.