13. The ferry

"Addison!! Suit up, Lets go!!" My dad yells trough the apartment. I suit up quickly. "What is it?" I ask. "Peter, follow me." My dad is full Iron Man mode now and we fly off. I follow my Father and see the Staten Island ferry split in two. "Shit" I say "you push the east side I push the west side." I nod a yes and fly to the other side of the ship. We push it back together. With my laser eyes I heat up and connect what I can but I'm waiting for my dad cause he has these cool robots that can hold his side of the boat up. After a minute I see the ferry is all patched up so I let go. And check all the people that or on it to see if anyone got hurt. Luckily no one did. "Supergirl!" I turn. Its my dad. "Is everyone okay?" He asks. "Yes, no one got hurt Iron Man." I say and then go up to the roof off the ferry. Peter is there. "Hey Pete, you wanna get off the ferry and talk about what happened?" I say. Peter turns and looks at me. He nods "yeah." A sympathetic smile forms on my face. "Okay." I say silently.

"So what happened?"  I ask peter once we settled down on a roof. "I just tried to stop the bad people. The ones with the weapons. And then it just went wrong." I put my arm around Peters shoulder. "This was, very risky and people really could have gotten hurt. But do you remember what I told you?" I ask. Peter looks at me. "Even the best of us have failed a million times before becoming what we are now. And we still aren't perfect. We still don't always succeed, but try our hardest." I hear a hissing sound behind us and turn my head to see my dad. "Previously on Peter screws the pooch: I tell you to stay away from this, Instead you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." I sigh. "Is everyone okay?" Peter asks my father. "No thanks to you." My dad says. "No thanks to me?" Peter says sounding offended. He stands up to face my father. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it but you didn't listen." He goes on. "None of this would have happened if you would have just listened to me. If you even cared, you'd actually be here." My dad then steps out of his suit. "I did listen kid. Who do you think called the FBI. Huh?" My dad says. "Dad." I start but get cut off. "Go home Addy." I hesitate "but..." "Addison Kelsey Stark. Now." He says. I sigh and fly off. Well that pissed me off.

I'm in my room and I just changed into some comfortable clothes when my father comes in. I turn to face him. "You were too hard on him." I say sternly. "Too hard, all of those people could have died." My dad says. "But they didn't, and he is just a kid." I defend Peter. "You're just a kid Addy, you are just a kid too. And if that would have been you, I would have been ten times more disappointed." I sigh. "I'm not a kid anymore, I grew up fighting. And that made me grow up very fast." I say calmly. "This wasn't about you." My dad says. "Yet it is." I say. "Peter is my friend, I will defend him. He didn't grow up fighting. He is still learning about this world, exploring his powers." I go on. "But he has to do it being responsible for his own actions." I nod my head a yes. "What did you say when I left?" I ask. "I took the suit back." I close my eyes for a second to proceed that "Please just don't be so hard on him next time." "Sure." My dad says. "I got us some food." He continues and then walks out of my room.

Its about 10 p.m. when Peter and I are still calling. "Oh, I wanted to apologize for the way my dad spoke to you. He can be a little hard sometimes. But that just means he cares. He used to treathen to burn all my toys when I wouldn't go to sleep." I can hear peter chuckle. "It's okay. I deserved it." I shake my head. "No, you didn't. You just got into this world." We stay silent for a second. I just look at peter trough my screen. "I can get you your suit back." I say. "I don't need it, right now. I don't deserve it." I sigh. "Stop talking yourself down like that."

It has been a few days now. Peter has cheered up. He is going to homecoming with Liz and I decided to just go. But go alone. I couldn't find a date.

A very short chaper I am sorry, but the next one will be homecoming so.