16. Appendicitis

We are about to leave to go home from California. In total we stayed three days and my stomach now really is killing me. "Dad, I don't think this is okay." I exclaim. A tear leaves my eye. "It hurts like sh*t." My dad turns to me. "Here, let me see." He sits down in front of me. He then points to a certain point on my stomach "does it hurt right here." He pushes. I squint "yes." I breath heavily. "Sh*t." My dad says. "What?" I ask worriedly. "You probably have, appendicitis." I sigh. "That means surgery right?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm going to make some calls and we are immediately going back to the compound for surgery." My dad says. Suddenly a wave of nauseousness comes over me and I run to the bathroom to throw up. Gross. "F*ck." I say under my breath.

Not even half an our later my father and I are back on our Jet. "Whats your pain level?" My dad asks. "Like 9 its bad." I breath heavily. "Okay." My dad gets up and grabs a big black case. He opens it and I see a green glowing needle. "You got kryptonite on this jet?" I ask angrily. "That sh*t is dangerous, it can kill me." I continue. "Yes and now I'm going to put it in your arm. I only have it here for situations like this one. Where you are dying because of the pain." I sigh. And realise how ridiculous I'm being "Okay, yeah. Its not like a lot of kryptonite I shouldn't have gotten mad about it. That won't hurt me too bad. I'm sorry." I apologize. "There is morphine in here. I don't wanna scare you but this is going to hurt and you know it." My dad warns me. "Just do it." I put my arm out. I look at the green needle coming closer to my arm. Its still like 10 inches away from me and my skin already starts glowing green. My dad puts it in my arm fast. I bite the inside of my cheeks and scream internally. I look down and see my skin and veins glowing green. The needle goes out. I breath heavily. And wipe away the tears, I swallow the blood in my mouth that I got by biting my cheeks so hard and continue breathing heavily. My skin slowly turns back to its normal color. "I forgot how much it actually hurts." I sigh. "Its okay, you're good now. All the pain will be gone in a few minutes. I go to hug my dad, he holds me and I cry a last tear. "I love you dad." I exclaim. "I love you too princess." My dad says and brushes trough my hair.

Its been an hour and we just landed, I quickly change into some sports leggings and a really short crop top and go down to our medical wing. I walk into our OR and see my father, Nat and Banner. "You guys can do this kind of surgery?" I ask while sitting down on the bed. "Well we can assist." Banner says. "Assist who?" I ask and then the king of wakanda walks in with his sister Shuri. "Assist her." My dad says. "Hi, its nice to finally meet you, I hate that its under these circumstances but we'll deal with what we have got." She smiles. I smile back. "You can get this out of me?" I ask. "Yes I can." I sigh. "Lay down honey." Nat says. I breath heavily, I then see my dad walking away turning off all lights and turning on the power dampening lights. "When you wake up you're going to feel much better." Nat says. I look at her worriedly. "No one has cut my body open ever. We don't know how it will react." I rattle. "You'll be fine, We'll be with you. Don't worry." Nat brushes my hair out of my face when I feel a light sting in my arm. I look at it, there now is an IV in my arm. "This is much better then the kryptonite." I smile. Shuri smiles back. "Dad?" I ask. He looks up at me "I need you to promise me, if my body can't handle being cut open and my heart stops...don't make it beat again. Dead is dead, I wouldn't wanna be resurrected." He walks towards me. "Princess that won't happen." He says. "Just promise." I say again. "I can't, Your the only good thing in my life that will always be there for me." He says. A tear slips my eye. "Well then lets assume this will all go according to plan." I sigh and feel my eyes get tired. "You'll wake up soon feeling all better princess." I hear my father say and then everything goes black.

I open my eyes and see a bright room. Right I almost forgot, I stare at the ceiling for a second. "Addy?" I hear a voice speak, I turn to see who it is. "Peter." I respond with a light voice. "Are you feeling better?" He asks. "Not really." I answer honestly. "It will get better." Peter says. "Uhm I gotta go to school, but I can come see you tomorrow." He continues. "That sounds great." I smile. Peter gets up and walks out of the room quickly, when he leaves my father comes in. "I just woke up and I'm tired again." I speak. "That will be fixed as soon as you get your powers back but for now we need you to stay on that IV for a little longer, so if you go to sleep again and you wake up the IV will probably be gone and you'll be totally fine." My dad explains. I sigh. "Sounds like a good plan."