25. He's gone Nat

We are trying to get the ship ready to get back home. I don't know if it's gonna work but its worth a try. My dad fires it up and it ascends. "Owh good." I sigh out of relief. "Let's go home." My dad says and gives me a small hug. "Hey Nebula. Are you okay?" I ask the blue woman. "Yes." She answers. I sit down against the wall. "How will we get back, Dad we are light years away from home. We're not going to make it." My dad sits down next to me. "Yes we are, stay a little positive." My dad encourages me.

...

Its been 22 days.

My Father, Nebula and I have been on this ship for 22 days. And the worst part of it, we're not even close to home. Our oxygen on the other hand is close to being completely gone.
Dad is making a holovideo for Pepper. He is explaining everything, I am just resting my head on his shoulder. "Is there anything you wanna say?" My dad asks me. "Well, Peppsels if you do find this video. Just...know that we care a lot about you and...dad wouldn't have been the man who he is today without you. So thank you." I add to my fathers story. My dad kisses me on the head and closes it up. "You should get some sleep dad." I state softly. "Yeah, you too." He says. I just nod and play with my ring.

I wake up by the ship shaking. I look up and see earth. "What...how?" I ask confused and tired. "I'm not sure about what that was." Nebula says. "We're almost home Addy." My dad says. I go to hug him. "I didn't think we would make it." I state out of breath. We are really low on oxygen but we're almost on the ground.

We land and the big hangar opens. Nebula helps my dad out and I follow behind slowly. I breath in deep before I walk down the stairs and take in the fresh air. My eyes fall on Steve who helps dad down the rest of the way. I see Nat, Bruce, Pepper and Rhodey. Tears start rolling down my face again. Realizing we are safe now and we are home now. But Peter...is not. I start walking down faster and falling straight into Nat her arms. I cry, I can't stop it. "It's okay." Nat says softly. "Peter is gone." I cry. "He's gone Nat." She holds me tighter. "It's okay." She repeats. "Addy." I turn and jump into Steve his arms. "I'm so sorry." I cry. "No, no don't cry and don't be sorry." My breathing is unsteady. "Steve I...I lost Peter." I cry. "Don't worry. We'll get him back." Steve says. "Let's get you to your room." He continues. We walk towards the compound slowly. "Steve is...is Sam gone too?" I ask shaking. "Yes." He sighs.

I fall down on my bed. Nat and Steve helped me up to my room. "Is Wanda...?" I stop talking mid question. I can already see it in their eyes, Wanda is gone as well. "I am so sorry, it's our fault." I speak. Nat sits down next to me. "It's not, it's no ones fault. We all lost as a team. Okay?" I look up at the ceiling. "It just feels like that." Steve sighs "It does." He speaks. "but, we can't let it get to us. We gotta stay strong for everyone, for the billions of people that have lost their loved ones as well." I don't know what to say to that. Nat looks at Steve sternly, I don't recognize the look. Steve leaves my room and Natasha puts her hand on my arm. "You don't, don't have to be strong now. You are allowed to express your feelings to cry. You are still so young, if you wanna scream or cry or hit something, you should just do it." As she says that the tears start streaming down my cheeks. "I love him so much." I cry "and now I lost him." I sit up straight. "Come here." Nat says and opens her arms. I fall into them, she closes her arms around me and I lean against her. "I wish it was me." I speak. "Don't say that. That wouldn't be good for anyone." Nat says. "This isn't good, this sucks... at least then I wouldn't feel like this." Nat leans her chin on my head for a second. "Whatever you're feeling now, it will go away one day." I stay quiet. "It will." She repeats to assure me.

We sat there for a little longer before Nat told me to go take a hot shower and go to sleep. But I can't sleep, not knowing Peter isn't home safe. Knowing I might never see him again. Knowing he's...gone.

I wake up to arguing down stairs, and get up. I drink something and go towards the common area. Everyone is there, well not everyone. Not the dusted. I lean against the wall and listen to their conversation. I see my dad laying in bed with Pepper by his side. "You guys take care of him and I'll bring him a Xorian elixir when I come back." The woman named Carol speaks, she is pretty cool. "Where are you going?" Steve asks her. "To kill Thanos." She states. "I'm coming with you." I join the conversation. "No, Addy you're not." Steve speaks. "Steve is right you're not." Nat joins. I push myself off of the wall. "Please, I just" steve cuts me off "No" "but I" "you're not going. End off discussion." "I hate you." I finally state and fly off.
Tears start rolling down my cheeks again. I can't stop them. I land on top off a tall building and just sit there staring at nothing. I don't hate Steve, I'm just frustrated, tired and sad.