I've seen you die, for ten years

*sigh* Well shit * opens window and jumps out*

Third Person

It was a beautiful summer day in Magnolia on August 13, two Fairy Tail mages were currently sitting on a bench at the park smiling and laughing while eating ice cream, " So Gray, what do feel like doing later on today" Natsu asked looking at his lover, " hmm, we can stay at home and watch some movies" Gray suggested. The pinkette nodded when suddenly a cat hopped up on his lap purring. " Hey there little fella, what are you doing out here on such a hot day" he chuckled petting the feline. " Never seen you so attached to another cat besides Happy, that's a surprise" Gray chuckled earning a pout from the other.

The raven went to pet the feline when it hopped out of Natsu's lap, " hey, get back here" Natsu giggled and got up from the bench chasing after it. Gray got up as well and chased after his boyfriend smiling and laughing...until it happened. The cat had ran across the street with the pinkette following it, unaware of the incoming carriage. " NATSU! LOOK OUT!" Gray yelled to warn him, but it was too late, everything seemed to go in slow motion as Natsu turned and looked at Gray one last time before he was hit by the carriage.

Gray's eye's widened, blood splattered the stone pavement, the fire mages body rolling to a stop from the impact. " NATSU!!!" he cried running up to his lovers dead body and holding it up, " please, don't go, Natsu" he sobbed but didn't get a reply, Natsu was dead. " Oh my god, someone's been hit" " call for help" " isn't that Salamander", voices after voices echoed throughout the street. One particular voice however caught Gray's attention, " what you see is exactly what you're going to get" it said and the ice mage looked up to see a figure looking down at him. Suddenly, everything went black.

((Time skip

Gray shot out of bed panting, " What" he mumbled looking around, " oh my god, Natsu" he shouted though as soon as he was about to get out of bed when his phone buzzed, picking it up he saw that it was Natsu,

' wanna hang out today'

It read. Gray let out a breath of relief, " must've been a dream" he mumbled but then caught what the date was, August 14.
Gray trembled but shook his head to get the thought out of Natsu dieing

' yeah sure'

He texted back and got up to get ready.

After about an hour there was a knock on Gray's apartment door, " be right there" the ice mage said and ran to the door opening it, " come on Gray, I wanna go get some ice cream, it's hot out" Natsu chimed grabbing the ravens hand and dragging him to the park where the ice cream parlor was. The ice mages eyes widened, " no, this can't be happening, I'm going to prevent his death" he thought.

Just as Gray expected the two were sitting on the bench and a cat jumped up onto Natsu's lap before running off. Right before Natsu ran out into the street the other grabbed his arm and pulled him close, " we should go, leave it" he said and got a nod of approval from the pinkette. He sighed knowing Natsu was going to be ok, however it wasn't going to last long.

As they walked someone screamed getting Gray's attention, he looked to see a woman pointing up, metal tubes that were being held up by a crane for construction were falling, before they could all blink Natsu was stabbed with one, his body falling limp on the tube. " G-gray" he coughed out looking up at his lover with tears, " Natsu, please not again, please don't die on me" Gray cried but it happened, Natsu's life had ended.

" I bet you think all of this is just a dream, you want it to be don't you. Though you're wrong, it's all reality" the same voice said. Gray's vision began to become hazy before he collapsed on the ground.

Time skip

These events kept happening to Gray, everyday was something different no matter how many times he tried to prevent the death something else would always get to Natsu. He had fallen down the stairs and cracked his head open, stabbed with scissors, shot, hit, beaten and many more. How long was this going on... ten years, for ten torturous years Gray has cried, screamed, yelled, shouted, all for Natsu so he wouldn't die. One day however, he found out how to stop it, to end everything, to keep Natsu from dieing. And it all started, with Gray.

Gray's P.O.V

I walked to the park with Natsu holding his hand, it was the same day, the day that everything begun, August 13. " Natsu" i mumbled and he looked over at me, " yes Gray, what is it" he asked and I nearly teared up. Without anymore hesitation I pulled him into a passionate kiss before pulling away, " I love you", " I love you too" he replied and I smiled softly, this was the last time I will be able to see his face.

After walking for some more we got the ice cream and sat down on the park bench, just as expected a cat jumped up on Natsu's lap. " Natsu... there's something you should know" i said, " what is it Gray". I sighed and looked at him, " I just want to let you know that you were my everything, that you made me smile, laugh, cry, you made me feel everything, but I'm sorry that it's all going to go to waste" I said and right on cue the cat jumped from his lap running off and he began chasing after it.

Third person

Gray got up and began chasing after Natsu as tears streamed down his face, he saw the carriage coming down the street and bit his lip. " Forgive me, Natsu" he said grabbing the pinkettes arm and pulling him back as he continued running, " GRAY!!" Natsu shouted and the raven looked back, " i love you" he mouthed before he was hit with the carriage, blood once again staining the stone pavement as his body rolled to a stop. Natsu fell to his knees, " n-no, w-why" he cried and crawled over to the other who was motionless, " please Gray, get up" he cried hugging his lover, " n-natsu...I'm so-rry...but.. at least..the days...will be back..to normal" were his last words before he closed his eyes, his body going limp.

After so many years
After so many deaths
The days would be back to normal
But...

Natsu's heart wouldn't be.