Chapter 4: Trauma

So I left you all off on a cliffhanger. So we'll be jumping right back in, and it will begin with lots of trauma-related topics. Most fanfics have the main characters follow a cliche where they yell and scream at their abusers, but not this one. Instead they will fear them immediately. The reader and VAO will be emotionally weak and unable to stand up for themselves against them. The brothers' won't be as scared of Ruby an Yang because they view them as people who can be defeated, while they view STRQ as invincible.

Now on with the chapter.

"My babies!"

VAO stopped dead in his tracks upon hearing the voice. It couldn't be, he didn't want it to be, but deep down inside he knew the answer. He turned around slowly, his eye meeting Summer's own silver ones as his eye went wide with fear. Summer gave a happy smile as she too a step forward, VAO taking one backwards. He tripped over his own feet as he fell down, backpedaling away. He had never been so scared in his life, he had prayed this day would never come, but he knew it was inevitable.

Tai approached Y/N, who was paralyzed with terror. He couldn't even move, he could hardly breath as tears welled up in his eyes and threatened to spill. "Boys, we were so worried!" The blonde brawler said. Neither Y/N nor VAO could answer, their horror silencing them.

"Look how big you've gotten!" Summer complimented as she stood in front of VAO. Raven was standing a little ways away, glaring at Summer. "VAO? Won't you answer your mother?" She asked as she reached out and rested her hand on his shoulder. A searing pain shot it's way into VAO's eye socket as he remembered every horrible moment of his childhood he had tried for nine years to wipe from memory, every beating, every bruise, leading up to when the woman in front of him stole what was precious to him. VAO wanted nothing more than to push her hand away, but he couldn't find the strength in him.

"H-help me..." he whispered. Summer heard him and looked sad. "It's okay, VAO! Mommy's here now!" She comforted. But she only served to make VAO's condition worse.

Tai stood in front of Y/N with an awkward look on his face. "Hey, kiddo... long time no see, huh?"

Y/N didn't answer, instead tears continued to run down his face as he took a step back. His entire body felt like it was on fire, the memory of his childhood resurfacing. Tai scratched the back of his head. "Let's... make up for lost time, okay?" He invited. To anyone, it would have looked like a father wanting to spend time with his son, but to Y/N it was worse. "N-no..." Y/N stammered quietly. Tai looked hurt. "C'mon, Y/N. I promise, we can make things better," he said as he put his hand on the boy's shoulder, a whimper uttering from the H/C Rose's throat.

Ren and Nora had been watching the scene from a distance. As soon as they saw their childhood friends' expressions, they instantly knew something was wrong. When Summer hugged VAO, it took everything Ren had to hold Nora back. He could feel himself angry at the four adults, he had a feeling who they were, he just prayed his judgement was wrong. Then Tai had put his hand on Y/N, a whimper escaping the boy's mouth. This confirmed it for Ren, these people - no, these monsters, were the family VAO and Y/N had mentioned all those years ago. Feeling his self control slip away, he released Nora as he charged towards Tai with fury.

Nora smacked Summer away with her hammer, freeing VAO. The latter curled up into a ball and didn't make a sound, quivering ever so slightly. Summer looked up, her eyes filled with anger. "Hey! What was that for!?" She yelled. Nora shot her a deadly look, instantly quieting the woman.

Ren delivered a swift palm strike to Tai's face, taking a deep breath as he stood in his combat stance. Tai rubbed his face sorely, looking up at the green-clad boy. "Hey, why'd you do that?" He asked. Ren glared at him quietly before answering.