Chapter 9: Mission

Alright, this chapter is about the brothers' first mission. Roman and Neo will be making an appearance, and... well, you'll have to find out, won't you?

Y/N was hanging out with team JNPR in their dorm, playing Chess with Ren. VAO was off in the corner, making jokes with Nora. Jaune was oblivious as Pyrrha tried to flirt with him. Basically, it was what they did most of the time. Eventually, Jaune spoke up.

"Hey guys, what do you think we would be like as RPG characters?" He asked. This gave everybody something to think about. After a while, Jaune piped up again.

"I got it! I'd be the knight, Ren would be the Thief, Nora would be the paladin, and Pyrrha would be the mage!"

"What would I be?" VAO asked. Jaune smiled. "You'd be the priest!" He declared, his eyes telling he was serious. Y/N and Ren burst into laughter as they watched the drunk's face drop.

"Wha!? Why am I the healer!? I'm the most violent person in this room!" He demanded. Nora cleared her throat, challenging that theory. VAO sweat dropped. "W-well, I think I'd be DPS, or tank! Leave the healing to the guy with the healing Semblance!"

"Hey, I don't want to play healer, either. I want some action," Y/N disagreed. Pyrrha raised her hand. "I'd play the healer!" She suggested.

"Okay, I'm the knight, Y/N's the DPS, Ren's the Thief, Nora and VAO are tanks, and Pyrrha's the healer!" He said aloud.

"Wait, wheres our range?" Ren asked. Jaune tapped his chin before looking at VAO with pleading eyes. "C'mon, be a mage, or something. Even a bow would be great!"

"Nope. Tank or DPS. Take it or leave it," he said, sipping from his flask. Jaune sighed. "I'll be the archer..." he muttered. Y/N cocked his head to the side. "Why do you ask?" He questioned. Jaune smiled.

"I don't know, I thought it'd be a fun thing to ask!"

"Alright, you nerd. Don't you ever change. Don't ever stop being our dense little cinnamon roll!" VAO ordered. Jaune looked confused. "Dense!? I'm not dense!" He yelled defensively. VAO gave up at that point, sitting back down. Y/N resumed his game with Ren, while Pyrrha tried to flirt with Jaune again.

"S-so... there's this movie I wanted to see... d-do you want to c-come with me?" She asked. Jaune smiled. "Sure! It sounds fun, just two friends, enjoying a movie!"

Ouch.

"No, scratch that, we're closer than that! Like siblings!"

Double ouch.

Pyrrha looked away, tears welling up in the corners of her eyes. "Y-yeah... siblings..." she mumbled. Everybody in the room glared at Jaune, who was completely oblivious to the situation. "... can I punch him, Y/N? Like, right in the teeth?" Nora asked. The pacifist shook his head. "No, that won't solve anything," he grumbled. "We need the hammer. Really hard."

Jaune looked over nervously. "Ah, w-what?" He stuttered. Nora was already reaching for her hammer. The knight stood up and ran, locking himself in the bathroom, while Nora pawed at the door, trying to get inside. Y/N stood up and sat down next to Pyrrha, who was still wiping at her face. "You okay? That looked like it hurt," he said in concern. Pyrrha nodded. "I'm fine. At least... at least I get to go to the movie with him," she said, her voice filled with hope.

"... welp, I'm hungry, I'm gonna get me some food," VAO said out loud. Y/N spun around angrily. "Brother! That is a very insensitive thing to say in a moment like this!"

"I have no idea what that word means, but I'm hungry! And drunk!" He whined.

"That last part doesn't even surprise me. Anyway, it's not even lunch time, you can wait!" Y/N scolded. VAO stood up, stretching his arms. "Well, my dear brother, I am a growing boy. I need to eat, so I'll be down in the canteen," he said, walking towards the door.