Chapter 5: The Drinking Game

So as you all know, this is a Neo X Male Reader X Ren story. Neo hasn't been formally introduced as a character yet, so this will contain some bonding with Ren and Y/N

The sun peered through the curtains, shining light down on the sleeping form of Y/N. The boy turned in his sleep, looking peaceful as could be. At least until the sound of pots banging together woke him up with a scream.

VAO was standing in the hallway, clashing two pans together with a shit eating grin on his face. Multiple other students were awoken as well, grumbling in annoyance at the one eyed student's antics. Y/N smacked his brother on the back of the head angrily. "VAO, it's six in the morning, why would you do this to people!?"

VAO turned around, his smirk never leaving his face. "Because it was funny."

This was a classic argument between the two brothers. VAO, being the person he was, would cause chaos for his own amusement, while Y/N would be there to stop him. "Just get to bed!" The H/C boy scolded. VAO shook his head. "Nah, I'm gonna get myself a drink. Tell Port I'll be late again," VAO said as he began walking off.

"You can't afford to be late! Professor Port said you'll get detention!" Y/N hollered. VAO just waved, spiking anger into his well-mannered brother. Y/N sighed. He was awake now, so there'd be no point in trying to fall back asleep. He started walking towards the cafeteria, his stomach growling noisily. Soon he entered, spotting Ren eating at a table alone.

"Heya," Y/N greeted as he sat down. Ren swallowed his pancake before speaking. "Hello, Y/N. You're up early?" He questioned. Y/N rolled his eyes. "VAO thought he could be an alarm clock," he joked. Ren chuckled a bit before turning back to his pancake.

"So I heard VAO made a deal with Yang, and it had something to do with you?"

"Yeah, he did. Who makes a deal about somebody else without their consent!?" Y/N complained. The sword wielder looked around. "So where's Nora?"

"She was sleeping when I left."

"Ah." An awkward silence sparked between the two. "So where's VAO now?" Ren asked. "Juniors," Y/N answered. Suddenly team RWBY came up and sat down, all four of them slumping over the table tiredly. "Y/N, get that idiot under control..." Weiss mumbled sleepily.

"I wish I could," The H/C boy muttered.

The six ate their food, Y/N ignoring his two sisters as they tried to gain his attention, the bell seeming to take its time.

...

The door to the club swung open as VAO walked inside, his signature smirk on his face. "Junior! Good to see you, old buddy! Fix me a drink," he greeted.

"You could at least say 'please'..." Junior grumbled. VAO laughed. "Always with the funny jokes! Now seriously, I have a contest in a couple days, so get me the hard stuff." Junior looked up curiously. "A contest? Where would you even host it?"

"Right here of course!"

"Alright, are you gonna pay this time?" Junior asked, a small glint of hope in his eyes. VAO tapped his chin. "Hmm... nah, put it on my tab," he answered after a while. Junior growled as he left to make VAO's drink, the one eyed student pulling out his scroll. He had numerous texts from Y/N, all of which told him he was late for class. VAO deleted those.

"So, I heard something about a drinking game?" Asked a voice. VAO turned around to see a man dressed in a white jacket with a bowler hat sitting on top of a patch of ginger hair. A girl was standing next to him quietly with an umbrella in her hands.

"You look like a candle," VAO said rather rudely. The man laughed, but the girl just opened her mouth, no sound coming out. It creeped VAO out. "I like you already, kid. So when's the drinking contest?"