Chapter 8: Demons of the Past

Okay, this is about Summer and Tai visiting the brothers, as was said in 'The Broken Mind of Summer'. So this chapter will be filled with more trauma-related topics. I hope you all enjoy.

Y/N woke up to the sound of the birds singing, and the pleasant sun warming his face. He smiled and basked in the light, enjoying the peaceful morning. At least, until VAO stepped into the room with his weapon in its axe form. He swung the weapon and shattered Y/N's desk, causing the pacifist to scream. "W-what are you doing!?" He screamed.

"This stupid fly! It won't die!" VAO screamed, transforming his weapon into its rocket launcher function. Y/N jumped out of bed and yanked the weapon from his brother's hands before any serious damage could happen.

"VAO! Don't you know how dangerous it is to swing this thing around the dorm!? You could have hit me!" Y/N scolded. VAO just sat there, looking frustrated. "In my defense, that fly has been bugging me all morning," he said. Y/N facepalmed. "That's not the point..."

VAO opened his mouth to argue, but seemingly gave up, instead nodding in agreement. "Well... I guess there are better ways to deal with it..." he mumbled. Y/N couldn't help but be shocked. Usually, VAO wouldn't be this submissive. But then the axe wielder smirked. "But this way is much more fun," he declared, reaching for his weapon again. Y/N grabbed his textbook from the remains of his desk and smacked his brother with it, causing him to yelp in pain. "I said no!" Y/N commanded. VAO just growled under his breath, kicking the ground in frustration. The pacifist let out a sigh of exhaustion. "Let's just go get breakfast, okay?" He suggested. VAO did a complete turn around with his mood and was suddenly all smiles.

"Food, food is nice. Let's do that," he agreed. The two left the dorm, walking down the halls. They were talking and joking around, and enjoying each other's company. Eventually, they made it to the cafeteria, and got their plates. Y/N had a plate of eggs and toast, while VAO had a stack of bacon. Y/N eyed the crispy mountain with envy, his mouth watering as the scent wafted into his nostrils.

"Fuckin' freak!" Cardin shouted at VAO, the latter turning around angrily. "What!? You want some!?" He challenged. Cardin responded by throwing his arms to his sides. "Try it, I'll kick your ass, you third-rate Bakugo wannabe!" The bully insulted. VAO immediately charged at Cardin, his eyes wide with fury. Usually Y/N would try to stop them, but the bacon was calling him. He grabbed a few pieces and bit into them, and soon, he found himself eating his brother's plate clean. Eventually, Cardin and VAO were broken up by Goodwitch, who assigned them both detention. The one-eyed student trudged back to the table, where Y/N sat with an innocent look on his face. VAO took one look at his plate and glared at his brother angrily.

"Y/N... did you... you did, didn't you?" He growled. The pacifist in question shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about," he lied.

VAO inhaled deeply through his nostrils, before releasing a loud scream and beating his hands on the table.

Ruby and Yang were sitting at their own table not far off, watching the two from a distance. Y/N kept denying the existence of bacon, VAO looked ready to literally explode. Yang tried to drown them out and turned to Ruby. "Hey, house it going with Y/N? She asked. The younger sister smiled. "Well, he at least talks to me. Not much, but still," she said happily. Yang smirked, happy for her sister. It was better than her attempts. From Y/N's quiet glare to VAO's loud insults, the little interaction she had with them was negative.

"Well, VAO doesn't talk to me, but Y/N's been really nice!" Ruby said happily.

"VAO! Stop abusing the table!" Y/N ordered, but the drunk kept beating his hands on the wooden surface. Y/N reached down and pulled out his textbook, smacking VAO on top of the head. Ruby and Yang smiled at the foolish antics of their brothers. Things never seemed to get boring around them, there was always something going on. The sisters finished up with their meal, before leaving the canteen. They decided to chat about their grades along the way; Yang was failing horribly while Ruby was somewhat passing. Soon, Ruby brought up a question both girls had on their minds.