Chapter 11: Preparations

This chapter is more about Ozpin and Salem rather than Y/N and VAO. This chapter is about the preparations for the school dance, and the fear that is etching itself into Ozpin's mind. There will be minimal about Y/N and VAO.

The brothers' family will also be checked up on, with current events and everything. I haven't explored Qrow and Raven's lives yet, but this will only show the present Branwen family. Their backstories are for another time.

Y/N and VAO were lounging in the library, the katana wielder studying a rather large textbook. He was studying for the written exams, a part of the Vytal Festival that would challenge students' intellect. VAO was... well, he was drinking. Frustrated, Y/N set the book down in his lap.

Can you... I don't know, read a book?" He asked. VAO giggled. "Nah, I'm fine," he replied. Y/N glared at him, and the drunk smirked. "Look, there's nothing to read. History's boring, algebra just plain sucks, and there's no manga here."

"There's plenty of things interesting here, brother! Look, here's one that's on your level!" Y/N exclaimed, reaching over and plucking a children's book off the shelf. The title read 'Pumpkin Pete and Friends'. VAO clenched his fist as Y/N went into hysterics over his own insult.

"I will fucking scream," VAO threatened. Y/N stopped laughing and glared at him. "You'll get us banned from the library!" He argued. But VAO tilted his head back, and yelled the one thing he shouldn't have.

"Books suck ass!"

Bang.

Y/N's eyes widened in horror as VAO fell forward, a bullet hole in his forehead. The table was stained in blood as the librarian blew smoke off her weapon, a sniper-sword. She sat back down at her desk, pushing her glasses up her wrinkled nose. "I strongly dislike it when someone disrespects my books," she hissed, her eyes shooting a warning at Y/N. The katana wielder gulped, shrinking down in his chair.

About an hour later, VAO woke up, and Y/N had to drag his brother out of the library, all the while the drunk was screaming and challenging the librarian to a fight.

"Brother! She's a trained huntress, you won't win!" The katana wielder protested, and VAO pouted, crossing his arms across his chest. "Whatevs, I can take on an old lady..."

"I won't stand by and watch you fight the elderly again! I don't want a repeat of Halloween!" Y/N shouted. VAO sighed, before standing to his feet. "Fine, let's just... go to the sparring hall, then. I'm feeling like my weapon gets heavier by the day," he suggested. Y/N thought about it. It had been quite a while since he trained, and his sword arm was starting to feel weaker.

"Yeah, teleport us there. I don't feel like walking," Y/N said. VAO gasped, looking like he was just insulted. "Excuse me, but I'm not your personal fucking taxi. Start walking, or all those pancakes will make you fat," he snapped. In response, Y/N slammed the hilt of his weapon against VAO's forehead, knocking the drunk down.

"That's why we're going to the training hall! Now just teleport us there already!" He ordered. VAO sighed before putting a hand on his brother's shoulder, a gust of wind enveloping the two. And in the blink of an eye, they were in the massive room.

Several students were already there, the sounds of steel and gunshots echoing in the room. Y/N reached for his katana, before a thought reached his head.