1.7

first person pov 5 - Seungmin

Hyunjin left in his car this morning and didn't come back until almost 9 tonight. I wanted to message him to see what he was doing but I didn't know if he'd respond. I don't want to be a bother.

For as wealthy as his family must be, he drives an old chevy sedan, probably a 2010. It's oddly charming.

It pulls up at around nine o'clock and I watch him open the hatchback and pull out three large Ikea bags. I smile as the pieces come together. Of course he went to Ikea, he just moved.

I didn't realize I was so worried.

I watch him struggle with the bags and finally set two down, carrying just one inside. I wait until the light comes on in his room to message him.

to hyun_jinnie166

need help with the bags?

He reads the message and responds quickly

That would be wonderful.

I realize that these are the kind of things that make him so special, he uses words like wonderful over text instead of just saying nice. He takes the time to use a period at the end of every text he sends. He's so thoughtful in every message.

I don't know why it's so endearing.

I slide on my shoes and walk outside to meet him on the curb, and he motions for me to choose a bag.

"They're both pretty heavy," he apologizes, waiting for me to pick one.

I pick up the bag closest to me. He picks up the other one and leads me up to his room, which, like mine is on the top floor of his house. It's largely empty, with a twin-sized bed in the corner and an empty bookshelf with boxes piled next to it. The walls, ceiling and carpet are all white.

"Isn't it awful?" he asks, scowling at the walls, "I hate white walls."

It is pretty awful, so empty. I nod.

"Are you going to paint it?"

"Yeah, the cans are in my car. I couldn't choose between light yellow and this navy blue color so I got both. I think I might paint one wall blue and the rest yellow. What do you think?"

I nod, letting his continue talking.

"I might keep one wall white because my last room had one wall completely covered in magazine pictures and book pages. I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I have all the materials. I got a huge jar of mod-podge and a sealing paint, and pages from old books that have fallen apart. Maybe there's a youtube tutorial somewhere."

"I know how to do it," I say, and his face lights up.

"Really? Would you help me?"

"Of course," I say without thinking. Why am I so agreeable whenever I'm around him? It's quite frustrating.

"Awesome! I think I'm going to start painting tomorrow, and then we can do the wall. Do you want to come over and help? I'd love your help. I hate doing things alone, I'm a little bit of an extrovert."

I laugh. "Couldn't tell."

He laughs, and I don't think I've ever realized how wonderful his laugh is. I want to make him laugh more.

"Yeah, I'll come over."

"Wonderful!" he exclaims, and then sets down the bag.

"I'm going to go get the paint cans. Wait for me here, will you?"