3.0

first person pov 7 - Hyunjin

It's Saturday and Seungmin knocked on my window early this morning. Like seven in the morning early.

He giggled when I came to the window, sans makeup and completely bedheaded.

That's not true. He full on laughed, so hard he snorted. I'm so glad he's comfortable enough with me to openly laugh that hard around me.

He asked me to choose where to go on our date, coffee or roller skating. I chose roller skating, mostly because I would never have expected him to ask, and half an hour later we're at an old rink on the edge of town.

I didn't exactly know what to wear roller skating but I ended up in all black, and the way he was staring at my outfit on the way here makes me think I chose right, if only for him to be watching me.

It's slightly surprising to me whenever I learn something about him, even though we've just met. I kind of feel like I've known him for a long time.

I know that sounds impossibly cheesy.

When we get there he stops me from getting out of the car and digs into his bag, holding up a finger to tell me to wait.

He pulls out, of all things, a tube of lipstick.

I look at him questioningly and he just laughs, before putting the lipstick into the cup holder and taking off his sweatshirt. I almost choke when I see what he's wearing.

He's wearing a gingham shirt, like full gingham, with a 1950's style collar. I start to say something and he puts finger over my mouth to quiet me before leaning over towards me and painting it onto my lips.

I'm so shocked I can't respond, and he laughs quietly while applying the same lipstick onto his own lips. I pull down the car mirror and check the lipstick, and while it looks amazing on him it looks completely comical on me.

I turn around to look at him and his eyes go straight to my lips.

I open my mouth to say something but he stops me be pushing his lips lightly against mine, almost kissing them but not quite.

"Hmmmm," he hums, smiling, "I like that."

The red lipstick, the roller derby, the gingham, it's starting to make sense. He has a thing for the 1950s.

I can't help but smile and it feels almost evil. I finally figured it out.

"You ready?" he asks, and I nod.

The lipstick exaggerates the way his lips move when he's talking, and it's mesmerizing to watch.

"Okay," he says, and I watch his lips form the word.

The 1950s. Hm.

Maybe I get it.

・━━━━━━━━・

My knees are completely bruised by the time we get back to the car, I've always been painfully mediocre at roller skating but next to Seungmin I'm absolutely awful.

"How are you so good at that?" I ask, and he laughs.

"I'm not good at making friends so I've found other ways to fill me time."

"You're really good."

"Thank you!" he says, matter-of-factly, and I think it's the first time he's accepted a compliment from me.

It makes me impossibly happy.

"Where now?" I ask, hoping he doesn't want to go back home. I can't help but want to spend more time with him.