2.6

first person pov 7 - Seungmin

I have my first tutoring session that night meaning I can't walk home with Hyunjin. He seemed fine when I texted him, but I feel really bad about it. I think that maybe I'm missing him more than I think I am. Just thinking about him leaves a wonderful warm feeling settling in my stomach, and I've been thinking about him a lot.

The student I'm tutoring is named Jeongin, he's a performer and doesn't have a lot of time to study so we used most of today to check over upcoming assignments and get on track. I'm honestly surprised I was able to focus at all, but the hour was over quickly enough. I caught a later bus and walked home with headphones in. I don't like walking home without Hyunjin, I miss how much he talks.

And that's how I know I like him. I've never missed anyone who talks as much as he does.

As soon as I get home I check out my window to see if he's home, and he is, doing homework on his bed. He looks over and sees me through my window, smiling when he catches me watching. I wish I were more embarrassed, but I love watching him.

I sit down at my desk, taking out some of my work and trying desperately to focus, but my mind keeps wandering to him. I wonder what classes he's taking, if we could work on homework together.

I'm thinking about what kissing him is like. What making out with him would be like. The feeling of thinking about someone this way is so foreign to me, and I want to be scared of it. Somehow I'm not.

I'm lost in my brain when I hear a knock on my window.

Hyunjin

I get up too fast, knocking over a stack of textbooks on my floor, and open the window to talk with him. It's almost seven o'clock, I've been home for almost three hours, and no work to show for it.

"Hey," I greet him as I open the window, motioning for him to come inside, and he shakes his head.

"Can I take you out somewhere?" he asks, and I nod without thinking. Something about him makes me want to agree with everything he says.

"Yeah, of course," I say, and he smiles, motioning for me to come out of the window.

I hesitate, and then shake my head slightly.

"Let me change out of my uniform and then I'll meet you okay?"

He nods, and then motions to the space between the trees by our houses.

"20 minutes?"

"Perfect!" I say, waiting for him to climb fully down the tree before I shut my window.

Shit.

When I say I have a horrible sense of style I mean I have a horrible sense of style. A large majority of my wardrobe is oversized and black or worn to shreds. Doesn't bode well for a date.

A date. I feel my heart beat speed up at the word, and I groan.

Unfashionable and sweaty. What a hot date I am today.

After a good ten minutes I settle on black ripped skinny jeans and an oversized grey shirt, and I'm not unhappy with the result. The outfit emphasizes my toned legs and broadens my shoulders, showcasing the muscles many don't realize I have. I add black vans and light makeup, making sure to include the eyeshadow he seemed to like from yesterday, and add a black choker as an afterthought. I'm not sure if it's necessarily a date outfit, but it's better than my uniform.

I kick myself for not looking at what he was wearing. At least I would have had some marker, no matter that his style is way more thought out than mine.