Chapter 2

Tom's POV: Friday Night
Haz: "So how'd the date go?" He says right as I walk into the apartment.
T: "Yeah it went really well. Umm Lilian, and I had a lot in common and had fun but..." my eyes start to wander, and I scratch the back of my neck.
Haz: "but..." he extends his arm for me to continue.
T: "but I kissed her," I say nervous.
Haz: "That's great mate," he pats me on the back. "You moved on, but what's wrong again with you kissing Lilian?"
T: "Well at first when I kissed her it was great, but then I imagined that it was Y/N who I was kissing." Haz rolls his eyes and face palms.
Haz: "Oh mate you have to move on. She's practically hated you since the first day y'all met."
T: "And I've practically liked her since the day we met," I say taking a seat at the bar. "I know Haz, I know that she's the one. Though she may not know it. I feel it."
Haz: "But you need to find another way to show Y/N that you like her instead of you trying to break her up with every boyfriend she's had. This is the third time. Third time! Are you trying to make her hate you?! Especially since you never really explain yourself, and the guys just ghost her without an explanation." He has a point, but it's how I've chosen to handle things.
T: "Haz, you know for a fact none of those guys were good. They were all douches, and treated her like shit," I say and he nods as he pops the caps off of two beers, handing one to me.
Haz: "Fair," he says and takes a sip of his beer, "but you didn't have to do what you did."
T: "I know, I know," I say taking a sip of mine.
Haz: "But at least tell me you're gonna try with Lilian?" He raises a brow at me. And I know he's right.
T: "I will, and she might be the first girl that can help me escape my feelings for Y/N."
Haz: "Hallelujah!!!" He says raising his beer in the air. "Let's cheers to that!" He says extending his arm out to me.
T: "Haz!" I laugh, and roll my eyes.
Haz: "It's true! Hey I was planning on throwing a party Saturday night. You good with that? And you can invite Lillian."
T: "Yeah sounds great."
Haz: "Okay great!"
It was now Saturday night. Of course since it was a Haz and Tom party, it was definitely gonna be a little crazy. Loud music, lights, drinking games, dancing, and of course that meant Y/N was gonna be mad at us. She usually just finds an excuse to be mad at me instead of Haz, and right as I'm thinking about her while I'm dancing with Lillian I hear someone banging on the door.
T: "Who is it?!" I yell before answering the door knowing it's definitely Y/N as I look through the peep hole.
Y/N: "THOMAS STANLEY HOLLAND don't give me that bullshit!" She bangs on the door. I loved it when she said my full name or even just called me Thomas. "Open the door or I swear to God I'll kick this door down!!!"
T: "As you wish," I open the door while she's still banging on the door, and right when I open it, she stumbles into the apartment.
Y/N: "Really?!" She glares at me as she catches herself.
T: "Woah miss ma'am you've been drinking?" I say reading the way she came into the apartment.
Y/N: "Oh for sure because it's not like I have more important things to do." She says as her sarcastic gorgeous self continues to banter with me.
T: "I figured. So why are you here anyways you never come to our parties?" Knowing full well she's here to tell me off. "You finally caved?"
Y/N: "Ha ha funny. You really are the funny one out of you and Haz," she gives me a snarky smile. "Just turn down the music. I'm trying to study okay?"
T: "Whatever Y/N," I say as she turns and heads for the door, "and I guess that's the reason Josh didn't want to stay around anyways because he was too tired of your boring self. Is that why you aren't out tonight?" And that's when she stops in her tracks and turns around coming full force towards me.
Y/N: "You were the one who made Josh leave me! So don't you dare deny it!" She says pointing in my face.
T: "Who says I am sweetie," I say looking her up and down. "You should be thanking me that you finally got away from him."
Y/N: "You're a real jerk you know that?!" Just then Lilian walks up to us, cutting the tension between us right in half. She doesn't wrap her arm around me or grab my hand, but rather stands to the side calmly calculating what's happening between Y/N and I.
T: "Lilian hey, I would like you to meet Y/N," right then my harsh tone and stern face turned to a blushed face and sweet tone. "She's me and Haz's neighbor."
L: "Nice to meet you."
Y/N: "Same here. So are you two a thing?" She says looking between us two. "Because if you are," she says turning her gaze straight towards me "I'm surprised any girl would want to put up with you Thomas," she laughs and so does Lilian. Like literally laughs.
L: "You're funny. Haz has told me how funny you are. But we just went on a date, so really nothing yet."
Y/N: "Good luck with that," she says talking to Lilian. "He's good at ruining relationships. Especially ones he's not in."
L: "Oh umm Tom can I talk to you for a sec," She points to the side. I knew Y/N was doing this to get back at me.
T: "Excuse us," I say giving Y/N a fake smile.
Y/N: "Fine by me Thomas! I'm leaving, and turn the music down!" She says and heads out the door. I turn my attention back to Lilian and handling this situation.
L: "What was that about 'you're good at ruining relationships'?"
T: "Well umm," I look down starting to fidget with my finger, "I may or may not of ruined the past three relationships Y/N's been in," I shrug and my face scrunches up.
L: "Tom! Why would you do that?" Though she didn't know the full reasons as to why, but it only took her a second to figure out the simple answer. "OMG! You like Y/N!" She practically yells.
T: "Shh! Shh! Shh!" I cover her mouth with my hand. "She doesn't know only Haz, and now you know."
L: "That's so cute you like her, but why don't you tell her?"
T: "Because she's never liked me, and I'm scared."
L: "Well, give Y/N a reason to like you. I think if you talked to her, the tension between y'all two would die down."
T: "You think?"
L: "Well, what did you do to those guys to make them leave her?" She whispers unsure if she wants to know.
T: "It doesn't matter okay."
L: "Fine, but you should really try to go do something with her. I can help if you'd like. Yeah I kinda hoped something would happen between us, but I see the way you look at her. Plus I think coming between her relationships shows how much you care for her, and I can't change that. I don't think I'm that person to change your feelings."
T: "Haz was right you really are the nicest person."
L: "Thanks, I appreciate that!" She says giving a smile. "Let me know if you need help okay?"
T: "I will thank you."
Great now how am I gonna get Y/N to like me and go out with me? I'll have to text Mila.