Chapter 4

Y/N's POV: Sunday Night:
The girls had told me that we were leaving to go do the new escape room, and I was so excited. I loved a new challenge and especially walking into one I knew nothing about. Plus, I was excited to get out of the house after everything that had happened with Josh. Yes he wasn't the best guy out there, and he had a temper, but leaving me with no explanation that was just unacceptable. He just packed up everything and left.
***Flashback: 5 days ago***
Y/N: "Josh?!" I yell at him as he starts packing his bag shoving the clothes from one of the drawers I let him use when he would come over. "Josh?!" I slam the drawer shut and then grab his arm.
J: "WHAT?!" He says as his face flushes a harsh red as he looks down at my hand.
Y/N: "Why are you doing this?!" I yell trying to hold back the tears. "Do I, we mean nothing to you? Everything was fine with you yesterday." We went out for our five month anniversary and went to a drive in movie. We might've made out most of the movie, but we had fun, and then he had to leave to go home which was fine. Totally normal.
J: "You do Y/N!" I'm so confused.
Y/N: "What the hell?! Then why are you packing your things and leaving me like this?" I say and he rips his hand arm from my hand.
J: "Because Y/N. I can't talk about it," he says walking away from me. "I can't see you ever again. And I never want to!" I run up to him as he starts heading for the door.
Y/N: "Josh no! Please talk to me!" I grab a hold of his hand this time.
J: "I can't Y/N. I already told you. Just stop!" he starts to get angrier.
Y/N: "Did Tom-" He smacks me across the face. "Shit," I say as I press my palm against my burning flesh that probably has a bright red mark on it already.
J: "I SAID STOP!!!" And there his temper is. He's only hit me twice before which makes this the third time. I know I should just let him go, but I know this is Tom's doings.
Y/N: "Fine leave! I can't believe I ever went out with you! You never treated me right!" He stops as he yanks the door open starting to leave. He then slams the door, turns around, and I can see the flaming madness in his eyes burning. He runs back to me.
J: "Don't you ever say that!" He grabs hold of my wrist tightly.
Y/N: "Ow Josh! You're hurting me!" I whimper.
J: "You deserve it love!" What is wrong with him? He can't make up his mind about his feelings. He then leaves slamming the door shut, and I let my tears that I've been holding back fall.
***Back to Present Time***
M: "Ok we're here! Y'all ready?!" She says excited as we head for the door.
R: "Not for Y/N!" I give her the side eye knowing she's joking.
Y/N: "Whatever. We're still gonna win though."
B: "True, but who said it was just us?"
Y/N: "What are y'all talking about?" I then see him. The one who has caused all my pain through my past relationships. Thomas Stanley Holland. Ugh. I really can't stand him. "We're doing an escape room with him and Haz? Can we just let Tom stay behind? Please?!" I beg as I tug on their arms before he head inside.
M: "She's joking Y/N. We're competing against them." I couldn't tell if they were telling me the truth or not. I was just hoping I wasn't gonna be locked up in a room with Tom by myself. Please Lord no.
R: "I'm gonna go check us in with Carley." She then whispered something in Mila's ear. She nods and then walks away.
Y/N: "What was that?"
M: "Nothing don't worry about it she's just making sure about something." Was I worried now? Of course. Rosie then comes back, and Carley comes to explain everything about the rooms.
C: "Okay guys gather around," she says, and all of us girls and Haz and Tom come together. "I'm gonna talk to everyone though y'all will be in different rooms." She then explains all the boring rules and how to find clues and stuff I've heard a kajillion times. "Okay y'all got it?!" We all nod our heads. "Okay, I'm gonna need each of y'all to come stand right here. I'll hand you your blindfolds to put on before you enter into your room. "You can go ahead and put them on now." We all do what she says. "Jake can you come and help me. You're taking over this group." He was the guy who helped for the heist escape room.
J: "Yes, coming!" I then hear his footsteps as he comes in since I can't see him because I have the blindfold on. "Okay ladies and gentlemen myself and Carley will lead you into your rooms. Please don't take your blindfolds off until me or Carley tell you to do so. You may not talk until you take them off. Everyone excited?"
All: "Yes!" We all say in unison.
I then feel hands placed on my shoulder leading me to the designated escape room. I still have no idea what the theme of the room is and still have no idea if my friends were lying to me about if Tom and Haz were joining us or not or if we were competing against them. I know I'm now in the room because I can hear the door slam shut and the locking of the door. Then I'm assuming Carley's voice was the one I heard coming through the speaker.
C: "So the story is you're on a train that has been hijacked and you need to get into the Engine Room, where the hijacker sped up the train making it not stop since he jumped out of it in order to stop the fast speeding train because if you don't it will crash. You have one hour. Good luck! You may now take off your blindfolds. I take mine off and look around to see, and there's only one other person in here besides me.
T: "I guess it's just you and me love," he smirks.
Y/N: "You've gotta be kidding me!" I'm going to kill my friends.