Why Do You Do This?

Gerard was drinking again. He was alone in his room, clutching the half-empty bottle and thinking. Thinking about a lot of things.

Home.

His brother, Mikey.

Alcohol.

The drugs.

Frank.....

No, Gerard wasn't going there. He promised himself. Wasn't his life shitty enough being hooked on drugs and alcohol, without being in love with his best friend? His MALE best friend?

"Gee...?"

Gerard snapped out of his haze and looked to the door. His younger brother was standing in the doorway.

"Mikey, go back to bed..." Gerard slurred.

Mikey frowned. "gee, you're drunk again.."

Gerard laughed. "only a little bit"

"why do you do this to yourself....?" When Gerard didn't answer, Mikey turned and walked back to his room.

Gerard checked the clock. Three in the morning. Hmm.

He got up and headed out the door, down the hall and out the front door.

"Gerard, where are you going?" Mikey was standing down the end of the hall, hand reaching for his brother.

Gerard shook his head and walked out, closing the door behind him.

He walked the streets, looking for something to do. Stupid fucking frank, being all adorable and shit.

"No, Gerard, don't think of fucking frank..." Gerard said quietly to himself and then chuckled. He's going mad.

"I'm going mad, aren't I?" he asked the tree he was next to. The thought of talking to a tree made him chuckle again.

A wave of dizziness washed over Gerard and he put out a hand to steady himself. His knees buckled and he collapsed onto the sidewalk.

-------------

hey guys! Stevie here, this'll probably be one of my major fanfics for the moment. I have high hopes for this one too!

I hope it will make you laugh, cry and maybe flail a little bit....heh

Thanks for reading and I'll update often (I hope!)

~ Stevie