What Were You Thinking?

Mikey woke in the morning and switched his alarm off. The stupid buzzing shut off and he sighed. "Stupid fucking alarm. Stupid fucking school. Fuck"

Mikey got up and pulled on his jeans and a shirt. He put on his converse and shoved on a black beanie.

He pushed his glasses onto his face and walked out of his room. Down the hall, into the kitchen, straight to the coffee machine. Mikey started the coffee machine and glanced at the clock. He had time.

Mikey poured a cup of coffee for himself and then one for Gerard. He took them upstairs and nudged open Gerard's door. "Gee? I bought coffee..."

Gerard sat up and rubbed his eyes, his hair sticking up in all directions. Mikey giggled and held out the coffee. Gerard reached out to grab the coffee and his hoodie sleeve fell back.

Mikey's laughter stopped and his eyes went wide. "Gee, you haven't...."

Gerard looked down, gasped and tugged down his sleeve. But Mikey had already seen. He sat on the edge of the bed. "Gerard... Please don't do that..."

Gerard looked miserable as he stared down into his coffee mug. "I can't Mikey. It's like a reflex. When I'm upset, when I'm angry..."

Mikey shook his head and pulled out his phone. "I'm calling frank"

Gerards eyes widened. "No!"

Mikey shushed him and put the phone to his ear.

•-•-•-•-•-•

RING! RING!

Frank opened his eyes and ran a hand through his messy hair.

Crap! The phone! He made a mad gab for the phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Frank, it's Mikey"

"oh hey mikes. What's up?" Frank leant back against the headboard. Finn sat up in bed next to him and wrapped an arm around Frank. Frank snuggled into him and almost dropped the phone when he heard Mikey's reply.

"he fucking WHAT?"

Finn frowned and leant in closer. "what's happening?" he whispered.

Frank held up a finger. "uh-huh...ok mikes ....yeah I can .... ok I'll be there soon, ok? Just...keep him safe..." Frank hung up and leant his head on Finn's chest.

Finn ran a hand through Frank's hair. "Whats happening honey?" he asked again.

Frank looked up at him. "I gotta go talk to gee. He's....not thinking right....."

Finn nodded and got up, pulling frank with him. "let's get dressed" he said, planting a kiss on Franks lips.

Frank smiled into the kiss and then broke away. "C'mon, I said I'd be there soon"

•-•-•-•-•-•

Frank walked through the door, Finn behind him. Frank headed straight for Gerard, who was sitting cross-legged on the sofa.

"what the FUCK were you thinking?" frank demanded.

Gerard looked up at him sadly and shook his head. Frank sighed in frustration.

Mikey walked over and placed a hand on Franks shoulder. "he hasn't spoken at all since this morning." he said quietly.

Frank rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and sat down on the armchair. He looked over at Finn, standing awkwardly by the door. "come sit..." Frank gestured to the armchair.

Finn wandered over and sat next to Frank, the two of them squishing into the chair meant for one person.

Gerard whimpered and hid his face. Mikey knelt next to him and whispered into his ear, quiet enough so Finn and Frank couldn't hear.

Suddenly frank got up and walked over. Mikey stepped back and allowed frank to kneel before Gerard.

"can I at least see what you've done...?" frank asked quietly.

Gerard hung his head and held out one of his arms. Frank pulled back one of the sleeves and gasped. He faintly heard Finn gasp as well, then Mikey taking Finn away to give some sort of explanation.

Frank ran his finger along the many criss-crossing lines etched into Gerard's skin. "why" frank breathed. Gerard shrugged.

"is it..." frank took Gerard's other arm and pulled back the sleeve. "Gerard you didn't...both arms are....why gee?" he said helplessly. Gerard just shrugged.

Frank lost it.

"I'm your best friend Gerard! Why won't you talk to me? Why won't you talk to Mikey? He's your brother, for fucks sake! Why did you do this to yourself?" frank put his head in his hands and his shoulders started to shake.

Mikey and Finn came back in the room. Finn helped frank up and took his hand. "I think we'd better go..." he said quietly.

Frank shook his head and wiped away the few tears that had escaped. "No. Not until Gerard answers me!"

Gerard lifted his head and glared at Frank. "Fine. I did this for many reasons. You know my past problems. The alcohol. The drugs. And then of course there's my new problem..."

Frank stared at Gerard with wide eyes and dropped back down. "what....tell me gee..."

Gerard looked at him helplessly. "I'm....I....I fucking....I can't tell you..." Gerard stood and fled the room.

Frank sat back on his heels and sighed loudly. "that didn't go too well..."

Mikey shook his head slightly. "no it didn't..."

Frank looked up at Mikey. "what's his new problem that he can't say?" he asked.

Mikey stared back at frank, his eyes conflicted and then he sighs. "this is going to be awkward because..." he casts a glance at Finn, standing by frank. "well, um you see....fine, I'll be blunt"

"Gerard loves you Frank"

------

Hmm....cliffhanger.....

Its my birthday soon! It's 7 days before Halloween (Frank's birthday omg) so I'm excited! I'm hoping to get a pikachu onsie! Hahahaha I'm strange.... :D

LOVE ALWAYS TO MY (small amount of) READERS!!

~Stevie