Whats My Problem Now?

Gerard was sitting on the hospital bed, being poked and prodded by a doctor. The doctor was in his early twenties and was quite cute. He kept asking Mikey questions.

Finn and Frank had gone home. Mikey said he'd call them if anything happened.

"So has Gerard had any drug/alcohol history?" the cute doctor asked.

Gerard blushed and looked down guiltily. Mikey glanced at Gerard and then answered the doctor. "yes, he's been drinking a lot of alcohol ever since he was 16 and drugs have been more recent."

The doctor nodded and wrote something down in his notebook. Then he turned and addressed gerard. "Gerard, can you tell me how you're feeling?

Gerard looked up at the doctor and rubbed his eyes. "I'm tired"

The doctor nodded. "anything else?"

Gerard thought for a moment. "well my head hurts. My stomach hurts a little....can I go now? MaPin and tree will wonder where I am" Gerard looked around the doctor and out the window.

The doctor frowned. "MaPin?" he asked.

"That's what he named the mausoleum" Mikey said.

Cute-Doctor-Dude wrote in his notebook and gestured for Mikey to follow him out into the corridor.

•-•-•-•-•-•

"I believe that the drugs and alcohol have affected his brain. Gerard's showing signs of Schizophrenia. His medical records show he is already diagnosed with depression, is this correct?"

Mikey nodded and looked around the doctor, at his brother who was frowning out the window.

The doctor continued. "Schizophrenia causes hallucinations and delusions. Gerard claims to have made friends with this tree at the cemetery. And he's also claimed that the mausoleum was mad at him."

Mikey nodded slowly. "What do we do?" he asked.

The doctor ran a hand over his eyes and glanced at his notes. "keep him away from alcohol. Don't let him do drugs."

Mikey bit his lip. "I'll have to search his room...."

The doctor closed his notebook. "and one more thing..."

Mikey tore his gaze away from Gerard and back to the doctor. "yeah?"

"Has Gerard ever tried to commit suicide?" he asked.

Mikey's breath hitched in his throat. "yes...about a week ago, he overdosed and left a suicide note. My two friends and I found him in time but ever since then he's been...distant....he hasn't smiled once."

The doctor nodded seriously. "and there's cut marks covering nearly every inch of his arms. Were they self caused?"

Mikey sighed and nodded.

"keep an eye on him, ok? He's quite unpredictable at the moment. Remember, keep him away from the alcohol, the drugs and sharp objects. Can you do that Mikey?"

Mikey nodded and looked back to Gerard. "yeah, I can....I'll do it for my big brother"

The doctor smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know it's a hard task, but I believe you can do it"

Mikey half smiled distractedly. "thanks...now if you'll excuse me, I have to make a phonecall..."

The doctor squeezed his shoulder and walked off, waving goodbye to Gerard as he passed. Gerard sat up and waved enthusiastically. "bye gorgeous!" he called.

Mikey shook his head and pulled out his phone. He went into contacts and clicked 'Frankenstein'. Pressing call, he sank into one of the comfy chairs.

Frank picked up on the third ring. "any news? Tell me everything"

Mikey sighed. "Schizophrenia"

"Damn, really? So...hallucinations and shit?" frank asked.

"Yeah. We gotta keep him off the alcohol and drugs. No sharp objects. Keep a close eye on him and shit....he was flirting with the doctor. I don't think Gee noticed his engagement ring."

Frank laughed. "poor Gerard"

"well, I gotta take Gerard home."

"I'll come over tomorrow!"

Mikey glanced at Gerard again. He was now sketching on the bedside table. "Gerard, no...don't do that!" Mikey scolded him. He returned the phone to his ear. "only you, ok? Gee doesn't seem to like Finn..."

Frank sighed. "I know....he's jealous of him....I just want them to get along."

"you know that won't happen Frankie. I gotta go"

"K Mikey....take care of him"

"always" Mikey closed the phone and walked to Gerard. "C'mon big bro. Lets go home"

----------

I had to google so many things to get the right info for this chapter. Omfg

LOVE ALWAYS!!

~Stevie