The Last Time You Cried

Gerard took a deep breath and closed his eyes. A tear slid down his cheek and splashed onto the page.

"Gee, Frank, I got us coffee!" Mikey walked back into the room, carrying three cups of steaming coffee. "how are y-" he stopped and took in the scene before him.

Frank stirred lightly next to Gerard and rubbed at his eyes. "Mikey?" he muttered. He got up and sat back in the chair, blinking rapidly.

Mikey put the coffee down and walked over. He took one look at the sketchbook, then his eyes flew to Gerard's face, his tearstained cheeks.

Mikey paused for a moment and then enveloped Gerard in a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" Gerard chanted, wrapping his arms around Mikey.

"s'ok gee-bear" Mikey whispered, pulling out of the hug. He gave one of the coffees to Gerard, one to frank and started drinking the other. The three of them sat and drank the coffee, the silence only broken by the occasional sniff from Gerard.

Mikey just watched Gerard while he drank. His older brother had never really cried at all. Only once or twice. Mikey stared at the tears drying on his brothers face and thought back to the last time he had seen his brother cry....

<FLASHBACK>

"Mikey! Come back here!"

A 10year old Geard chased around Mikey, who had his shoe. The two were giggling uncontrollably and kept bumping into things.

"nope, I think I'll keep it" Mikey giggled. Gerard fake-pouted. Mikey shook his head, smiled sweetly and ran up the stairs.

Gerard laughed and ran after him. Halfway up the stairs, he tripped on one of Mikey's action figures.

"oof!" he fell down a the stairs and hit the floor. "ouuuccchhhh!!" Gerard squealed.

Mikey's face appeared at the top of the stairs. "Gee-Bear? You ok?" he asked, frown appearing.

"n-no! Go g-get mum!" Gerard called, tears falling down his face.

Mikey nodded solemnly and ran off to get their mother. They returned a few minutes later, their mum looking panicked.

"Gerard! What happened?" she asked, checking him over.

"I fell down the stairs..." Gerard winced in pain when she touched a sore spot.

"oh honey..." his mother wrapped him up in a giant hug. Gerard let the tears stream down his face.

"ow..." he groaned.

His mum stood up and pulled out her phone. "I'm calling your father. He can take us to the hospital."

Gearf's eyes widened and he brushed away the tears. "h-hospital?" he squeaked.

"yes honey. I think your leg is broken" his mother pointed out.

Mikey sat cross-legged next to Gerard. "it does look a little broken...." he said.

Gerard looked at his leg, twisted back the wrong way and flinched. "only a little bit"

Mikey giggled and then looked sadly at Gerard. "I'm sorry gee. I should've picked up my toys..."

Gerard smiled and ruffled his brothers hair. "s'ok mikes. You're only seven... I forgive ya"

Mikey grinned and hugged Gerard tight. "love ya gee"

"love you too mikes"

<END FLASHBACK>

As Mikey sat and drank his coffee, he realized it had been eight years since Gerard had last cried.

Gerard placed his empty cup down and snuggled into the blankets. After a few minutes, he was sleeping.

Mikey sighed and stood. "let's go. He needs to sleep" he told frank.

Frank nodded and took one last look at Gerard. "get well soon buddy" he said, smiling.

Frank and Mikey walked out the hospital room, leaving Gerard to his first night of peaceful sleep.

--------

Hey, hey beautiful people! (yes, you!)

I have one request....

Can you guys leave a comment to tell me what you think of this fic? I don't know if anyone likes it....thanks :)

MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION!

~Stevie <3