chapter 21: you should feel special

Ronnie stole her sausage.

The man reached across the table and stuck his fork into the girl's sausage patty that she had been saving for last as she ate her pancakes. The minute the metal tips were in the patty, he brought it to his mouth and ate the entire thing in one bite.

"Ronnie!" August screeched, grabbing the spoon next to her plate and reaching over to slap his hand with the bulged side of it.

"Oh, so the lass is a feisty one?" Darragh commented, his thick accent almost incoherent as he took a large bite into a crunchy piece of toast. The man wore a tank top that morning, showing off his enormous bicep which had a huge black spade tattooed on it.

"I believe she's a witch, on the contrary." Patrick leaned his head over Willow so he could look at the girl. "And spoons must be her magic wand!"

The gruff men at the dining room table laughed, and August looked up to see Willow smiling through the glass of orange juice pressed to her lips.

"Is my hand supposed to fall off later tonight?" Ronnie asked after he finally swallowed the stolen sausage, holding his dark hand up in the air and looking at with an exaggerated expression.

"Not unless I come saw it off in your sleep tonight," August remarked, giving a victorious smirk as the whole table "oohed" at her comment.

"Well, I think you being in a man's room at night would cause more concern for my death than an amputated hand. Right, Will?" Ronnie looked at Willow through his lashes as he sipped on his glass of chocolate milk.

The whole table watching in silence and confusion, Willow momentarily glared at him before rolling her eyes. "I don't know what you're talking about, Will."

"I know what he's talking about," Cornelia butted in, reaching behind herself to adjust her blonde bun. "I was walking towards you at the bar last night to say hi, when I saw you grab Hank and make him nearly shit himself. Like, really, I think he went to the bathroom to change his pants afterwards."

August discreetly put her hand over her mouth, trying to keep from letting out a chuckle at Cornelia's comment.

"What did Hank do now?" Patrick groaned, his head tilting back to look up at the ceiling for a moment. "The bastard shouldn't even be with us anymore."

Willow sighed, shifting in her seat. "He was just...being inappropriate."

"Right, and so naturally Will had to mark her...territory." Ronnie's eyebrows raised towards the girl who sat in front of him.

"Oh, shit," whispered Cornelia beside her.

"Ronn—"

"So ya'll are fucking?" Patrick cut off Willow, looking between the two women with his wide blue eyes.

"Is she even legal?" Cornelia again whispered, looking up and down the girl as if she would find her age tattooed somewhere on her like a sticker.

"Enough!" Willow barked, cutting short the snickering and chattering of the table. "Hank was being Hank, so I took care of it. Do I even need to say more?" She let her palms face the ceiling as they laid on the table in front of her, her eyes scrolling past each of the people at the table to make sure they understood.

"No, boss," Darragh answered her. "A just need to know one thing first."

Willow stared expectantly at the man who set his piece of bacon down. He looked up at her with mischief in his eyes, and Willow already dreaded his words before he even spoke them. "Did ya get her legs to go behind her head or no?"