Chapter 3

"WTF?! A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?"

Everyone screams, including you. Aizawa looks extremely annoyed at his whole class cussing, but there was really nothing he could do about it so he replies with, "Yes. Didn't you hear me?"

"But that's not fair!" Uraraka says, pouting. "We just got here!"

"Life isn't fair," Aizawa says, making her shut up. For some reason, you smirk silently, then push away the feelings of... victory..?

"And to top it all off, the person who is last will be expelled straight away."

A boy that reminds you of a certain Pokemon looks distressed, much like everyone else. "But... that's not fair at all..." 

You yourself are worrying, since you feel your quirk isn't much effective for the eight fitness tests. What if you get expelled? You wouldn't be able to look at your parents, you think. You decide to give it your all.

(Now forgive me if the descriptions aren't as... descriptive. I'm not very good with these.)

1: 50-Meter Dash

You are paired up with someone called Kyoka Jirou. You have a plan in mind; create an illusion of yourself running s-l-o-w-l-y so that Jirou might slack off a little. And sure enough, you are right. Once Jirou spots your illusion, she visibly relaxes.

However, she doesn't relax for long once she sees you are far ahead of her.

"5.24 seconds!"

Jirou pants once she manages to catch up with you. The illusion disappears. "Wow, that was a great plan you had there," she tells you. "I'm impressed."

"Thank you," you smile.

Jirou smiles back. "I'm Kyoka Jirou."

"Y/n L/n, nice to meet you, Jirou-san!"

2: Grip Strength

You think you did okay, but when you saw that you only managed 54kg, you feel disheartened. You feel even worse when you hear that someone managed 540kg.

3: Standing Long Jump

You jump, bracing yourself. Then suddenly you realise, you cleared the sandbox. You happily smile to yourself. This day wasn't going to be so bad after all.

(imma skip the repeated side-steps, because... you know...)

5: Ball Throw

You look at the ball in your hand. You feel as if you're not going to do well, because your quirk isn't very useful for this test. You take a deep breath, and throw, just like that.

"703.8 metres."

What?

"No... it can't be..." you mumble to yourself.

"But it is." Aizawa says smoothly.

Next is Uraraka. She seems to be interested in the ball for a second, until she pulls her arm back and throws. The whole class waits for the ball to come back. It doesn't.

Aizawa shows the device, which shows an infinity symbol.

"INFINITY?!"

"That's amazing! She got infinity!" the redhead beside Midoriya and Pikachu says, gasping in awe and amazement. A blond whose name you think is Bakugou, only makes a 'tch' sound. 

You grin at him, causing him to faintly blush. "Yeah, better than me."

"You're so modest!" he says, grinning back. "That's so manly of you. By the way, I'm Eijirou Kirishima. Are you by any chance Y/n L/n?"

"That's me!"

After that, it's Deku. You cross your fingers. Please, Deku, do your best!

He throws the ball, but it only lands at 46 metres. You feel sorry and embarrassed at the same time. Aizawa pulls him over. You don't really hear what he's saying, but you can almost swear he just said, "You can't be a hero."

'That's so mean!' you think, and your sympathy for Izuku ramps up even higher.

But then he throws the ball again. This time, it lands at 705.3 metres. His finger is apparently broken, but you can see he's trying for a smile, albeit a painful one. "Sensei..." he says, "I... I can still move!"

Aizawa gives an impressive smile. You can't contain your joy. "Well done, Deku!" you say.

Unbeknownst to you, Uraraka stares at you enviously.

After three more activities, it was finally over. Aizawa reveals the results. You are happy to see that you're not last, in fact you're 9th, a place above Uraraka. You congratulate Momo, who is 1st.

But then you spot who's last. Deku...

"By the way, I was lying," Aizawa says out of nowhere. You jump up. Wait... what?

Then he smiles again. "It was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests."

"WHAT?!" half the class screams. 

Momo looks over apologetically. "Of course it was. I should've warned you guys. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you should've." You glare at your best friend. So does the rest of the class, except Deku, who looks like his soul has left his body.

You walk over to Deku. "Is your finger okay?" you ask, pointing at his broken finger. Deku's face turns red before stammering, "Y-Yes, it's fine, t-thank you Y/n!"

Uraraka, who has just walked up to you two, looks shocked. "Deku, you call her Y/n?"

"Umm... y-yeah... she l-lets me..."

Uraraka's once happy face turns into one of jealousy, then disappointment. "O-Oh."

"Why?" you ask her, rather bluntly. "Is it because... you're jealous?"

The gravity girl turns red. "Of course not!" she says, a little too high-pitched. "W-Well, it's just..."

"Whatever. I've got no time for you!" You don't mean to be rude, but you're too focused on Deku. "Here, Deku, let me follow you to Recovery Girl!"

"O-Oh, yes please!" He pretty much shouts. A few people turn to him curiously. He blushes. "A-Ah, I mean, of course."

He walks away with you. And again Uraraka glares at you behind your back.

'That's not fair... I liked him first!'

__________

Oooh, Uraraka's getting jealous. Watch out, Reader-chan!