Chapter 9 - What he thinks

JUSTIN

I threw my keys at the table as we arrived at our suite.

"Wanna tell me something Hailey?" I asked her calmly but she looked guilty.

"What did you hear Babe?" She looked down and frowned.

"I heard everything Hailey. Why did you do that? You screamed at her. That's not like you" I said as I massaged my temple.

"Justin I'm sorry, it's just that I was pissed off. She was acting all high and mighty at the shoot. Acting like a diva and ordering the staff to do her make up and all that" she explained.

Right then I knew she was lying, Selena wouldn't even do that. But I had no choice. I didn't want this issue to get bigger.

"Fine Hails, you go and take a shower while I fix this. It might leak out to the press" I said. She kissed my cheeks and said thanks.

I really don't know what I'm feeling right now. So that guy was probably that Lucas D'Angelo. I had to call Valerie, my PR Manager to fix this.  I also asked her to find out what happened to Selena. Is she okay? She fuckin fainted right there on the spot.

By night time Hailey slept early while I was looking at some documents for future projects when Valerie called.

"Hey Val, so what's up?"

"Justin, I don't know if you're gonna like this. But I used all my connections to confirm it. It was hard, even the doctor won't budge. But I had my ways and found out about it from other people there" she started.

"Val, slow down. What is it? Is Selena in trouble?" to be honest I felt nervous. Even though I wasn't with her anymore, I have to admit I still care about her.

"Do you still have feelings for her Justin? Cuz you might not like this thing I'm about to tell you" she hesitated. My eyebrows furrowed.

"No Val, No feelings. I'm just curious about what happened earlier." I lied.

"She's pregnant Justin, but they're keeping it from the press. Good thing I found out before Lucas D'Angelo fixed and hid all evidences. I gotta tell you that man is hard to cross with. Let's keep this info okay?" Val begged me. As she tried to tell me more, I couldn't take it.

I shut the phone.

Pregnant, She was pregnant.

Anger boiled within me.

Lucas D'Angelo knocked her up.

LUCAS

She was carrying another man's child. That Bieber. I hated him even more, not because he got her pregnant. But because he fuckin left her just like that. She's a month pregnant. And his engagement was announced 2 weeks ago.

This is fucked up. I felt sorry for my Cara Mia. My poor baby, she's been through a lot. She didn't even know she was pregnant.

So when the doctor told me all about it I had to make sure the baby was healthy. What if Selena drank this past few weeks? Won't that be bad for the baby?

I left Carrie and Selena at the hospital. I told her I was gonna fix some things first. She needs to rest so I'm gonna have to pull back all her projects for this year, With her permission of course. She was worried about all the payment for breach of contracts, But I assured her that was nothing to be worried about.

I turned my chair and faced the floor to ceiling windows of my office. I heard my door open, I knew who it was.

"Sir, everything is settled. I already fixed all the projects Ms. Gomez has. And just in case you ask her to move in with you, I contacted people to arrange everything at the Manor." Derrick said as he gave me more documents to sign.

"Thank you Derrick. That's very thoughtful. Now that you said it, I just might ask her to move in" I smiled, that was a great idea.

"Sir, If I may" he gestured towards the seat infront of my table. I signaled him to do so.

"I've never seen you like this Sir. And I feel like things have gotten serious with Ms. Gomez. Are you sure about what you're doing right now? You do know I would go to the ends to protect you, And if you are sure about this. Then I would do the same for Ms. Gomez"

I grinned, Derrick was one of the few people I trust the most. He was more than an assistant, He did everything I ask of him. Any mess we encounter, he cleans it.

"I am, Please take care of Selena as well. Bring her to the Manor when she gets out of the hospital" I answered. This is exactly what I wanted. I was gonna be the man that Bieber never was.

Not just for Selena, but also for the baby.

Once I was done with all my work, I headed home. Derrick told me that Selena was already at my place. He brought her there an hour ago. I hope she feels better now.

Once I entered the gates, for the first time I was actually excited to come home. Someone was waiting for me, and that is Selena.

I parked my car and walked towards the big front doors. The maids opened it up and I saw Selena coming down from the staircase towards me.

"Hey, are you feeling fine now?" I asked, Also stunned when she hugged me. I held her face, and took a bold move. I kissed her right there on the lips before she could even answer.

Damn, I could get used to this. It was supposed to be just a peck but she kissed back. I wrapped my arms around her waist, ended the kiss and lifted her towards the living room and sat her down on my lap.

"I'm feeling much better, thanks Lucas" she smiled at me. This was what I always want to see. Her smile.

"No problem Baby, I'm so happy you agreed to this. I'm sorry that it had to be Derrick to tell you. I was so busy earlier" I explained.

"I understand Luca, I'm really grateful for all of this. For what you're doing." She wrapped her arms around me and I just hugged her there on my lap.

"Hey, I told you I'd do anything for you right? So don't thank me. I'm actually the one gaining from all of this. I finally have you!" I joked around and she punched me softly on my chin.

"Luca, I have to tell you something." her face turned serious.

"What is it? Is there any problem? You want me to fix it?" I exclaimed, I was getting worried.

"I think, I think I love you"