Chapter 16 - Compromise

SHORT UPDATE - Sorry guys, I've been really busy with school and my review for the Boards. Will try to update more. Xoxo.

PATTIE

I invited them all inside. We were all in the kitchen bar. Selena was sitting on a bar stool facing me. While Lucas took some of the cooked meat and shrimps we were prepping while he helped me prepare the tacos. I smacked his hands.

"Ow Pattie" he said and faked being hurt.

Me and Selena just laughed.

"If you keep on doing that, there will be no more left." I told him.

"Fine" he grumbled and continued to help me.

"You're such a kid sometimes" Selena laughed at him.

"Only around you baby" he said.

I looked at Hailey and Justin just standing there.

"Hey Pattie, do you need more help?" Hailey asked. Well I didn't want them to feel like an outcast so I nodded

"Come here, you can fry these taco shells" I told her and she followed what I said.

Justin sat beside Selena while the other two helped me.

"Now isn't this nice? We're all being civil" I told them. Lucas chuckled. "Yeah yeah. I have nothing against this you know" Lucas told me as he sliced up some tomatoes for the salsa.

"Hey Mom, do you have the keys to my room here? I just need to get something" Justin asked.

"Yeah. It's right there inside my bag, along with the other keys" I told him.

He stood up and grabbed my bag and searched for it.

"What's this?" He said.

We all looked at him.

He was holding up the ultrasound picture of the baby.

"Oh, Justin. It's the uhm-" I rambled.

"An ultrasound picture of my baby" said Lucas. He looked at Justin and then back to what he was doing.

"It's not your baby" Justin said.

"It is now" Lucas retorted back.

"Boys. Stop it." I said.

"Justin it's not your baby. If it was, It's just gonna be a bastard" Hailey said.

I narrowed my eyes at her. Dropped my knife and faced her.

"Listen here Hailey. That's my grandkid you're talking about-" I started to lecture her.

She just shrugged. "But it's true Pattie. Me and Justin are married so that is basically a-" she continued.

"My child is not going to be a bastard. He or she is going to be a D'Angelo" Lucas raised his voice. I looked at Selena and felt she was uncomfortable with this.

"Hell no! That's mine. And there's no way in hell that it's going to be a D'Angelo" my son retorted back while looking at the photo.

"Boys! Stop this right now. Can we all just have a peaceful taco night? Please!" I yelled. This is just stressing me out. Having this much kids can really stress you out.

"Fine" Lucas and Justin said.

I saw Lucas go behind Selena and hug her from the back.

"You okay baby?" He asked. My eyes softened, he really does care for Selena.

"I'm fine. Don't worry" Selena smiled.

I sighed. This was gonna be a long night with them. I feel like I'm with a bunch of kids.

After everything was ready we went to the Dining Area with me at the head of the table. Selena on my right and Justin at my left. Lucas sat beside Selena while Hailey sat beside Justin.

"Ohhh. This is good Pattie" Lucas said with some salsa dripping down the side of his mouth.

Selena immediately wiped it.

"Oh God, Luc. Could you eat properly?" She laughed.

While we were eating the TV on the wall was on so the news about what happened earlier came on.

"Hello Hollywood! And Guess what? Our new couple were out again earlier with an announcement. Pattie Mallette was seen with them again and everybody has been speculating that Selena Gomez is pregnant with Justin Bieber's baby. But now that Billionaire Beau, Lucas D'Angelo has confirmed that Selena is indeed pregnant, however it's not Bieber's but His. So I guess that's why he pulled out all of Selena's projects this year huh? Talk about the perfect baby daddy.-" And before it continued Justin stood up and turned it off.

"You told everyone that it's yours?" He asked.

"Yeah. Don't you want them to think that you're the perfect husband to Hailey right here? I'm actually doing you a favor here. Well aside from the fact that I do actually want the baby ofcourse" Lucas said.

"Finally, Thank you Lucas" Hailey said.

"Is this really the perfect time to talk about this?" I asked them.

"I think it is Pattie" Selena said quietly. I looked at her. "Look, Hailey. Justin is the biological father of the baby. But I don't want to ruin your marriage. I don't even want the baby to know that Justin is his or her father. I don't want anyone to know about it because my baby is going to be the one who suffers. Do you understand?" She continues.

HAILEY

"Do you really mean that?" I tell her.

All along I thought she was gonna run after Justin or convince him to divorce me.

"Yeah. And now that Lucas confirmed it to them everything will be fine. Pattie was with us because we think that if would be fine for her to see her grandchild" she said.

I heard Justin huffed as he went back to his chair. "What about me Selena? Don't you think it's unfair that you're keeping me away from my child?" He said.

"Well, don't you think you're unfair that you just left Selena like that and got married?" Lucas argued back at him.

"Look. Why can't we all just fix this? I'll be fine with you guys seeing the baby or being there as long as it's fine with Lucas" Selena said. "I'm tired with all of these bickering, all the news and stuff" she added.

She does have a point. I didn't want Justin arguing for her. It makes me feel like he cares more about her than me. I also needed to show Pattie that I care.

"Selena's right" I told them. "Maybe all of us can be mature about this?" I said.

She nodded.

"It's fine with me. I trust you Selena. Like I said. Whatever decision you make, I'll just support you" Lucas calmly said.

"Maybe we could all be civil about this and Is it too much to ask Selena, to let Justin see the baby once you give birth or something? I asked. I need to convince Justin that I'm on his side.

"Fine. But I have to be there too, I trust Selena. But I just don't want the media to make up stories again." said Lucas.

I nodded.

"Yeah. You have a point there. So, it's settled then. We'll all be mature about this"

Everyone agreed to it.

"Can I have a copy too? Of the first picture of the baby?" Justin said looking at Selena.

"Uhm, I'll have them make you a copy and have it given by this week"

Justin smiled "Thanks Selena."