Chapter 17 - All Good

SELENA

I was on my way to Lucas' study, I need to ask him something so I knocked and went in when I heard him say "Enter"

"Hey baby. What's up?" He asked as he looked up from the papers he was checking.

I sat on the chair infront of his table.

"Uhm, You see. These past few months or probably a year. I worked on two songs. I just didn't want them to be released yet. But now I think I'm ready. Is it okay for me to release them?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"Hmmm. Okay. Baby, you really don't need to ask permission for that. But sure. Go ahead. I'm sure they'll be great. But can I be the first one to hear them?" He asked.

My face lit up as he told me that. I took out my phone and airpods. Gave it to him. He took it and I played the song. The first one was "Lose You To Love Me" and the next was "Look at her now"

I gave him time to listen to them.

I just stayed there and looked at him while he listened.

"Awww. Baby, come here" he said. I went to him and he pulled me to his lap.

"It's very touching Cara Mia, You should release it so that everyone will hear what you've been working on" he said and I hugged him.

Lucas has always been supportive and I couldn't ask for more.

"Luc, thanks for everything" I told him

"Mmm, Cara Mia. I only live for you. And now everything I do, is only for you" he said.

"I'll be releasing it this week. Wish me luck!"

He laughed.

"Oh Cara, you don't need luck"

I kissed his forehead before leaving his office.

Maybe after I release the songs, I can finally let go of my past and focus on the future.

2 WEEKS LATER

It's been two weeks since I've released the songs and so far I've been getting good feedbacks about it. Everybody has been so supportive.

I was eating in the gardens when Luc came up to me. He was wearing those unbuttoned polo shirts with his sunglasses.

"Hey there hottie" I told him.

He smirked and kissed my lips.

"How are my babies doing?" He asked.

I simply pat the chair beside me and motioned him to sit.

I immediately wrapped myself around him.

"Mm hmm. Someone's clingy baby" he said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you, you've been gone for 2 days." I said. He went to Brazil for a business deal there.

"I know baby, But I'm here now. And I saw that your songs are getting on the charts. I think we should celebrate huh?" he winked at me. "Let's go to Maldives. Spend a month there?" He asked

"Could we do that?" I asked since he's always needed at the company.

"Ofcourse cara mia. Then it's set then?"

I smiled.

Linda approached us.

"Sir, Ma'am. Ms. Mallete and the Biebers are here to see you" she said. And from our seat we saw them from afar walking towards us.