Chapter 9

Professor Port's class (Beacon Academy)

Y/N pov

I was aggravated at Weiss because of how she was talking to Ruby. Right after Professor Port unlocked the cage a Boarbatusk rushed at Weiss. Weiss used her weapon to deflect the attack, then she got ready for another attack.

Y/N: C-Come on, Weiss!

She just gave me a death glare, that sent chills down my back. Weiss charged at the Boarbatusk and tried to stick her weapon into its skull, but when she did it got stuck in its tusks. She tried to hold on but the Boarbatusk flung her weapon across the room.

Port: Oh-oh! What will you do without your weapon?

I saw Weiss look at the Boarbatusk charge at her and dodge it... barely. She rushed for her sword so she can try and kill it.

Ruby: Weiss go for its underbelly, I has no armor the-

Weiss:*yelling* Stop telling me what to do!

I saw Ruby looked hurt. I wanted to go kill Weiss for hurting Ruby emotionally.

The Boarbatusk turned into a ball and charged at Weiss, she quickly used glyphs to slow it down and knock it onto its back. She rushed at it and then stabbed it in the stomach, killing it.

Port: Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!
I'm afraid I have to cut class short so I can go see what Professor Ozpin wants. Class dismissed.

We all started to leave. I saw Ruby chase after Weiss.

Y/N: You know what? I'll let them figure stuff out.

Ruby pov

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: What?

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you be-?

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader, but so far you've been nothing but a nuisance!

Ruby:*scoffs* What did I do?

Weiss: That's Just it- you've done nothing! In the forest you acted like a child and you still do!

Ruby: Weiss, where is this coming from? I thought you believed in working in a team?

Weiss: Not a team lead by you. I deserve better. Ozpin made a mistake.

She walked away.

Ozpin: Well, that didn't go well.

Ruby:(about to cry) Is she right? Did you make a mistake?

Ozpin: That remains to be seen.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Ozpin: Ruby I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, more than any man, woman, or child. I as of right now do not consider appointing you as leader, one of them. Team leader isn't some title you wear into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you're not preforming your absolute best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?

I start thinking about what he said.

Ozpin: You've been burdened with a daunting responsibility, Ruby. I advise you to think about how your going to uphold it.

He started to walk away.

Ozpin: Also I need you to come to my office.

Ruby: Yes sir.

Ozpin pov

After I told Ruby to come to my office I headed outside to where Weiss was. After walking for a little I saw Professor Port walk away from her.