Chapter Twelve

GUYS I MET THE JONAS BROTHERS ON ACCIDENT YESTERDAY AND I GOT PICTURES WITH THEM AND I AM STILL SCREAMING

Anyways here's chapter twelve lol

_________

I stand in the doorway of the nursery, rubbing my big belly as I watch my husband set a stuffed bunny rabbit in the crib.

He turns to me.

"So? What do you think?"

"It's perfect." I smile.

It's all white. A tan carpet, white furniture, a fake plant in the corner, cream colored curtains...

There isn't a single pink or blue object in sight. Every pair of clothing folded in the drawers is gender neutral.

Because my sister-in-law may have decided to know the gender of her baby right away, Aiden and I decided we didn't want to know.

When people don't know the sex, they won't buy only clothing for the baby shower.

The entire family has money on if the baby will be a boy or a girl.

And it makes me even more excited to deliver, and not completely worried about the pain.

I want to know the gender so badly that I can't wait to go through all the pain, just to see my little baby for the first time.

I like not knowing. I love my child whether it's a boy or a girl, and dressing them in a certain color when I leave the hospital won't change that.

Don't get me wrong. I respect Ali and Mike. I was the first person at their gender reveal party, but when people ask me if I hope it's a boy or a girl, I can honestly tell them no.

Because I don't. I hope the baby is healthy. That's all I care about.

"I don't like the chair." Aiden walks over to me, standing beside me in the doorway. "I really think we should get a rocking chair. You know, one of those nice wooden ones from cracker barrel? The cushion chair looks stupid."

"I agree." I tell him. "We should go get a rocking chair. Those are good to put the baby back to sleep anyways."

"I'm going to check amazon."

He kisses my cheek and walks out of the bedroom.

I follow him downstairs, walking into our bedroom.

We have the nursery, but we also got a crib that attaches to the side of our bed. I told him that I slept with Declan for the first few months. It's way easier than crossing the house over and over again throughout the night.

If it's a boy, his name will be Grayson Henry Moran. If it's a girl, her name will be Elaina Jacklyn Moran.

I look down at my belly, tracing patterns on my skin.

"You're a Grayson, aren't you?" I murmur.

I'm about six months along now. I'm so ready to have the baby.

We didn't do the baby shower yet, but Aiden and I just went and bought the main stuff. The only thing we don't have yet is the car seat, the breast pump, and all the random things like that.

I often wake up in the morning to Aiden talking to the baby. He rests his head on my thigh and lies there, having full conversations, telling the baby about the weather, calmly reminding him or her that thunder is just the sound lightening makes when it hits the ground, explaining that he or she should keep still longer, otherwise they're going to wake me up. He explains how the sunshine looks, tells the baby what the trees look like, and talks about how much he can't wait to see him or her for the first time.