「 day 27 」

august 12th 2019
monday

supposedly, every single student in the school campus should be in their class, right? however, that isn't the case with these two.

"are you sure this is her class?" asks kai, looking at the door they're standing in front of.

cole looks at his phone then at the tiny plate above the door. he nods, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"203 center hall, philosophy," he states. "this it."

"you sure?" questions kai once more.

"yes," cole answers, peeking in the room via the small square window on the door. "i asked lloyd, he knows her sched by heart."

cole's eyes scanned the room, trying to search for the person they're looking for. in the first row of the class, there she is. a pen in her hand, doodling something that isn't related to the topic.

"she looks upset," says cole, stepping away from the door.

"duh," retorts kai, "philosophy sucks."

cole rolls his eyes, getting his phone out of his pocket to check the time.

"shush," he tells kai, "it's one minute till bell. go by the left side."

kai nods and walks over by the left side of the door, pulls up the hoodie of his jacket.

cole stands by the door frame on the right. he too pulled up the hoodie of his hoodie.

after a minute of waiting, the bell rings. school's over, finally.

one by one the students in room 203 head outside. their target is the last to get out.

by the time she steps out, the two boys grab her by the arms. she's squirming, trying to get out of their grip, and asking what's going on but the two boys drag her to the nearest janitor's closet while kai covers her mouth with his hand.

once inside, they let go of her. cole goes on to open the lights.

y/n looks at the two with caution.

"who are you? and what do you want?" she yells, taking a few steps away from the boys that kidnapped her.

kai chuckles, pulling down his hoodie.

"surprise."

she tilts her head by right. "kai?"

"the one and only," he answers.

she nods, looking at the other guy. "and you are?"

"cole," he answers, pulling down the hoodie too.

y/n sighs. "what is this about?"

kai rolls his eyes, shaking his head. "i think you know what you did."

she raises her eyebrow. "i... i haven't done anything," she answers, slowly.

kai chuckles, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "why did you tell that to lloyd?"

she furrows her eyebrows in confusion. she doesn't know what kai's talking about.

"tell what to him?" she asks. "i haven't spoken to him since saturday in the milkshake place."

before kai could interject another word, cole decided to step in.

"you blocked lloyd," he states, walking over to her. his phone in hand. "and told him you never liked him."

he handed her his phone. it's set on messenger with lloyd's account open.

y/n slowly takes the phone out of cole's hand. she opens up her conversation with lloyd.

and to her fear, what these two boys were saying is right. she did block him. she told him she never liked him.

except... except she never typed these messages, nor did she send them. for fucks sake, she doesn't have her phone. jewel took it.

jewel.

her grip on the phone tightens. "jewel. that bitch," she says. she gives back cole his phone before she could throw it in the wall. anger flowing in her veins, and clouding her vision.

she kicks the air, throws her bag away, muttering, "that sorry excuse of a cousin!" and begins to pace all over the room.

the two boys stand in shock, watching the girl whisper profanities and curse her cousin. they send each other occasional worried glances.

y/n walks back over to the two. "how's lloyd?" she asks, looking at the two with her eyes glossed over with sadness and worry.

"he's... devastated," answers cole, placing a hand on y/n's shoulder.

she closes her eyes for a moment "shit," she mutters under her breath.

she walks over to a wall and sits down there.

cole watches her intently before gesturing to kai that they should sit by her. and so, they did.

her legs by her chest as she hugged them tight. the two boys sit by her left and right.

kai strokes her hair, hoping that it would comfort her somehow.

"mind telling us what happened after your date with lloyd?" cole asks, giving her arm a small squeeze.

she blushed a bit, biting her inner cheek. "sure."

she takes in a deep breath. "apparently, a friend of jewel saw me and lloyd. she took a pic, sent it to jewel."

she sighs, her expression shifting to a more angrier one. "then that sorry excuse of a decent human went to my dorm, waited for me to get home. she took my phone, my laptop, threatened to tell her dad, and shit like that."

cole wraps an arm around her and gives her a side hug.

"so this isn't a joke your cousin pulled you in on?" asks kai, out of the blue.

"what?" says y/n in disbelief. "no! jewel can choke on chen's dick for doing this to lloyd!"

"you really care for lloyd huh?" says cole in a teasing tone, removing his arm around her before nudging her a bit.

y/n blushes once again and smiles a bit. "i've liked him since freshman year. sure, i wasn't friends with him and my efforts were futile since jewel's a bitch --" she laughs "-- but i did my best to try and prevent him from getting bullied."

her expression softens again. "hey, can i borrow your phone? i just need to apologise to lloyd."

kai nods and goes on to get his phone out of his pocket. he opened it and hands it to y/n.

"thanks," she says, opening up kai's contacts to look for lloyd's number.

"please don't apologise to lloyd for me," she says to the two, typing on the phone. "i'm going to find a way to do that myself."

she sends the message, hands kai his phone back, and gets up. "i... i need to go, before jewel looks for me."

she walks over to her bag and goes out of the closet.

then as she leaves, kai's phone vibrates.

nice try kai please dont act like y/n just to make me feel better.